Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Gran Turismo
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 03:50 PM by DarkBolo.)
RE: Gran Turismo
Can someone post best settings for this game? I am using default emu settings and after the logos game freezes. PC 1.0

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 OC @ 3.0GHZ stock cooling
Ge-Force GTX 260 896mb
4GB RAM Corsair 1066mhz
Windows 7 X64 ultimate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2015, 11:46 AM
So this is my settings
My phone is Quadro 1 gb ram, dual core armw7 1.2ghz, mali 400 i think gpu

i can play just nurburgring time trial at 100% speed, i dont need more, thats best settings i can get for my phone

Mode: Non-buffered rendering

Frameskipping: 1
Auto frameskip: Off
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60: off
Alernative speed: 0

Postprocessing shader: -
Strech to display: Off
Small display: Off
Immersive mode: Off

Rendering resolution: 2x PSP
Mipmapping: off (with on road is a little blury)
Hardware transform: On
Software skinning: On
Vertex cache: On
Lazy texture caching: On
Retain changed textures: On
Low quality splines and bezier curves: On

Upscale level: Off
Upscale type: xBRZ
Deposterize: Off

Anisotropic filtering: Off
Texture filtering: Auto

Timer hack: Off
Disable alpha test: on (if off textures are beter but it lags at 100% speed so i have it on)
Disable stencil test: Off
Enable alpha mask: Off
Force depth write: Off
Texture coord speedhack: Off

Show FPS counter: Both
Show debug statistics: Off

Software rendering: Off

SYSTEM

Fast memory: On
Multithreaded: On
I/O on thread: off
CPU clock: 222

PSP model: PSP-1000
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
hi everyone new to this thread but I would like some info on this game.i just got the new ppsspp gold 1.0.10 emulator I have a galaxy note II android 4.4.2 I really don't too much more about the phone and its not rooted also I did saw a video yesterday with a note 2 playing gran turismo and it was flawless I didn't get a name cause it looked Russian I would highly appreciate any info on this matter I thank you very much for any direction on this game I really love this game thank you
03-03-2015, 02:27 PM
(03-01-2015 02:18 PM)willbegone Wrote:  hi everyone new to this thread but I would like some info on this game.i just got the new ppsspp gold 1.0.10 emulator I have a galaxy note II android 4.4.2 I really don't too much more about the phone and its not rooted also I did saw a video yesterday with a note 2 playing gran turismo and it was flawless I didn't get a name cause it looked Russian I would highly appreciate any info on this matter I thank you very much for any direction on this game I really love this game thank you

i apologise if I didn't correctly put the correct info for my problem please tell me what I did wrong. im not the most computer literate person I hope clear the what the problem thank you for any kind of reply
04-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Question RE: Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo (UCUS98632) /PPSSPP v1.0.1-387-g106326f
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910U Exynos (Kit Kat 4.4.4)

Hi all,
New member here, I am trying to find out if anyone is having the same problem as myself and if so are/will there be any future fixes in store.
Essentially GT is running most of the time at 100% speed, even if I bump up the resolution to 4x – looks very impressive on the Note 4’s screen. However, on many of the tracks (Suzuka, New York etc.) there appears to be certain points on the tracks that when you pass them you get crippling slowdowns to 70, 60% or worse for the next 20-30 secs or so and then returns to full speed again. The problem also seems to worsen if you switch from 3rd person view to 1st person (+ cockpit) view so I naturally now stay in 3rd person view.
In most cases this seems to happen whenever you head towards crossing the start line to complete a circuit lap. For the first lap all is usually okay, but by the second or third lap that’s when it starts. My phone never gets even lukewarm so it’s not an overheating issue and I always make sure to clear RAM and background tasks and even put in flight mode just to be sure.
I have tried every possible settings config I can think of and have clock speed at 222Mhz as required but nothing seems to make any difference at all – and all regardless of resolution or buffered/non-buffered rendering.
Has anyone else noticed this awful problem and if so, is there any kind of solution? – is it possibly a bad build for this game? Or maybe the wrong version of android? I hope this can be fixed sometime soon as it seems an awful shame that this problem is spoiling an otherwise superbly performing game that really showcases this awesome emulator.
To Henrik and the whole PPSSPP team - thanks and keep up all the great work on this top notch emulator.
Kind Regards.
05-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Question RE: Gran Turismo
Update:-
I have also noticed that when these slowdown spots occur (3rd person view) if you press down and hold rear camera view the speed instantly jumps to 100%, but as soon as you let go it instantly returns back to previous slowdown speed again. I found that you can do this repeatedly with the same result again and again until normal speed returns (proof to me that this is a bug).
Another thing to note is that these slowdown spots are NOT in areas of particularly high graphical intensity so that says to me that this is definitely a glitch of some sort and not just natural slowdown because as I said before, apart from this the game runs 100% even in 4x rendering resolution.
Again if anyone else is experiencing this problem or knows of any possible fix any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Henrik is already aware of this problem and has got a fix in store?
Again, respect to Henrik and the PPSSPP team and keep up the great work.
05-07-2015, 03:58 PM
(05-01-2015 07:40 AM)Spacecowboy-888 Wrote:  Update:-
I have also noticed that when these slowdown spots occur (3rd person view) if you press down and hold rear camera view the speed instantly jumps to 100%, but as soon as you let go it instantly returns back to previous slowdown speed again. I found that you can do this repeatedly with the same result again and again until normal speed returns (proof to me that this is a bug).
Another thing to note is that these slowdown spots are NOT in areas of particularly high graphical intensity so that says to me that this is definitely a glitch of some sort and not just natural slowdown because as I said before, apart from this the game runs 100% even in 4x rendering resolution.
Again if anyone else is experiencing this problem or knows of any possible fix any help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe Henrik is already aware of this problem and has got a fix in store?
Again, respect to Henrik and the PPSSPP team and keep up the great work.

Same thing on Galaxy S6, waiting for suggestions!
11-16-2015, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 10:01 AM by zschigi2.)
with the latest versions gran turismo won´t work correctly anymore.

Every time i drive "Nordschleife" the game freezes completly after driving around between 3 to 4 minutes. (the emulator doesn't react anymore.)

Tested on Android (Galaxy Note 4).
12-27-2015, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2015 01:57 PM by zschigi2.)
Gran Turismo is still broken
as reported some weeks ago there is still a game breaking bug for gran turismo. if you go to a race (time trial), the emu will freeze between 3 to 4 minutes after starting the race. you don´t even have to drive. it´s enough, to wait this time. looks like some overflow bug or something else.

would be great, if someone have look on this

Thanks!

(tested on android, galaxy note 4)
12-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
12-27-2015, 06:53 PM
What's the first build that started having the problem, and the last build that worked?

You can find this by trying a few builds, just go by halves. For example, if it worked in v1.0.0, and stopped working in v.1.1.1, just go halfway in between, and keep going halfway until you find it. I don't have the game, so I would have to pour through thousands of changes to try to guess what maybe could've possibly caused the problem. But you with the game can try ~10 times and narrow that down for me to 10 or less changes to look at.

-[Unknown]
12-27-2015, 08:12 PM
ok, i will check that
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
ok her are the results:

the last build, that works for me is v1.1.1-230-g302e63a.

the next build that is available, is v1.1.1-240-gb9f703d and it freezes the game about 4 minutes after starting a race

hope that will help finding the problem
12-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Okay, looks remaining frames related. Could be a looping issue with another sceAtrac call.

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/8189

-[Unknown]
01-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Sorry for asking again. Butt can someone please have a look at the problem, described before?