Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Gran Turismo
04-26-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: Gran Turismo
Hello...before that I'm posted it about User BGM feature issues, but the issue was fixed when there is a new builds for PPSSPP.

Here's how to use the User BGM feature (need to play the Challenge section first, I'm think section 3):

1. Create a folder called MUSIC in "memstick" folder inside PPSSPP main folder and it should be placed beside "PSP" folder and also create the subfolder of "MUSIC" called "GTPSP" and the directory is should be like this:

memstick/MUSIC/GTPSP

2. Put in some musics in the GTPSP folder and make sure that the music file were set under 44.1khz regardless of how many bitrate under LAME encoding method (Use Audacity to convert these songs first).

3. Run the game and go to Options > Sound settings and set the User BGM to "MUSIC/GTPSP".

PS: I'm love it when hearing some classic GT soundtracks in GT PSP version rather than boringful tracks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 08:54 AM by G.Knight.)
(04-26-2014 01:15 PM)amirzaim Wrote:  Hello...before that I'm posted it about User BGM feature issues, but the issue was fixed when there is a new builds for PPSSPP.

Here's how to use the User BGM feature (need to play the Challenge section first, I'm think section 3):

1. Create a folder called MUSIC in "memstick" folder inside PPSSPP main folder and it should be placed beside "PSP" folder and also create the subfolder of "MUSIC" called "GTPSP" and the directory is should be like this:

memstick/MUSIC/GTPSP

2. Put in some musics in the GTPSP folder and make sure that the music file were set under 44.1khz regardless of how many bitrate under LAME encoding method (Use Audacity to convert these songs first).

3. Run the game and go to Options > Sound settings and set the User BGM to "MUSIC/GTPSP".

PS: I'm love it when hearing some classic GT soundtracks in GT PSP version rather than boringful tracks!

It worked for me but the problem is :
It's switching to the next sound track so early that you could barely hear the beginning of the previous BGM until it automatically switches to the next track & the loop goes on.
I've uploaded a video about this problem on youtube - write this ( PPSSPP Emulator - Problem with Gran Turismo PSP )
05-16-2014, 04:34 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I too have problems with this game, in other words after many tests with some settings the sound is distorted and the game goes to 6fps.
Does anyone know the settings to try?
05-19-2014, 03:43 PM
nobody know how can I do?
05-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi, I'm new here but I do have experience from emulators since GameBoy emulators came out so I deciced to come here and give my two cents for this emulator too.

Title: Gran Turismo [UCUS98632]
Region: US
Format: ISO
Version: v0.9.8-864-gca01313
Compatibility: Playable
Notes: Runs great on my computer with 60fps.

Hopefully I did everything right here.

YT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4jk4ClWvb0Yj9yBd-HsXg

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k 4.8ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
(05-27-2014 07:15 PM)M4dPr0 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new here but I do have experience from emulators since GameBoy emulators came out so I deciced to come here and give my two cents for this emulator too.

Have you experienced the problem with saves getting corrupted?

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
06-05-2014, 10:10 PM
(06-02-2014 10:03 AM)Nightquaker Wrote:  
(05-27-2014 07:15 PM)M4dPr0 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new here but I do have experience from emulators since GameBoy emulators came out so I deciced to come here and give my two cents for this emulator too.

Have you experienced the problem with saves getting corrupted?

Nope, not at all.

YT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4jk4ClWvb0Yj9yBd-HsXg

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k 4.8ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
06-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey, i am trying this game on my Galaxy S5 and it's kinda playable after a little config. But could be better. Maybe there is someone here who is playing Gran Turismo on android device and wants to share video settings?

Thanks!
06-23-2014, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 03:00 PM by zschigi2.)
Most important is to set cpu speed on exact 222 mhz. That forces the game running in 30 fps. And render mode has to set on non buffered rendering. One of the best tracks to play is the Nordschleife. It runs on my s3 with 100 % speed. No frameskip needed.
06-23-2014, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 05:24 PM by trajektorijus.)
(06-23-2014 04:08 PM)trajektorijus Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 02:59 PM)zschigi2 Wrote:  Most important is to set cpu speed on exact 222 mhz. That forces the game running in 30 fps. And render mode has to set on non buffered rendering. One of the best tracks to play is the Nordschleife. It runs on my s3 with 100 % speed. No frameskip needed.

Awesome man! Now the games runs almost perfectly! ;D Thanks!

Eh, i celebrated too early... Played a little more and i still get this annoying lag... Most of the times at single race speed stays at 60-80% range...

Edit: Nurburgring seems to be working quite fine with these settings. 80% of nurburgring runs at 100%. But when i try Laguna Seca, the lag is terrible...

My current settings are:

GRAPHICS

Mode: Non-buffered rendering

Frameskipping: Off
Auto frameskip: Off
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60: On
Alernative speed: 100%

Postprocessing shader: -
Strech to display: Off
Small display: Off
Immersive mode: Off

Rendering resolution: 2x PSP
Mipmapping: On
Hardware transform: On
Software skinning: On
Vertex cache: On
Lazy texture caching: Off
Retain changed textures: Off
Low quality splines and bezier curves: Off

Upscale level: Off
Upscale type: xBRZ
Deposterize: Off

Anisotropic filtering: Off
Texture filtering: Auto

Timer hack: Off
Disable alpha test: Off
Disable stencil test: Off
Enable alpha mask: Off
Force depth write: Off
Texture coord speedhack: Off

Show FPS counter: Both
Show debug statistics: Off

Software rendering: Off

SYSTEM

Fast memory: On
Multithreaded: Off
I/O on thread: On
CPU clock: 222
Atomic audio locks: Off

PSP model: PSP-1000
06-23-2014, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 07:31 PM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Gran Turismo
Hi there my friend,

I assume by this line Low quality splines and bezier curves: Off that you are using an older version of PPSSPP, as on the newest Beta builds there are only options Low/Medium/High for that setting.
Download the latest build found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
The latest build is v0.9.8-1378-g3005d75, which is being updated all the time, so keep on updating to see if that improves the speed on this game.

Edit: Please note using the following settings below will produce pixellated graphics, but you can't have everything.
Edit: I recommend turning off Frameskip, if your device doesn't need it. Cool
Here are my settings i use and it runs very well for me, on my Android tablet.

06-23-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 07:48 PM by trajektorijus.)
(06-23-2014 06:20 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Hi there my friend,

I assume by this line Low quality splines and bezier curves: Off that you are using an older version of PPSSPP, as on the newest Beta builds there are only options Low/Medium/High for that setting.
, which is being updated all the time, so keep on updating to see if that improves the speed on this game.

Edit: Please note using the following settings below will produce pixellated graphics, but you can't have everything.
Edit: I recommend turning off Frameskip, if your device doesn't need it. Cool
Here are my settings i use and it runs very well for me, on my Android tablet.

Thanks, i really needed that. With your settings game runs very good! Even if i scale up the rendering resolution to 2x! Thanks again!
06-24-2014, 03:53 AM
Brilliant glad to hear that, even better that you were able to increase the rendering resolution, that doesn't surprise me though, as the spec's on your mobile (Galaxy S5) should run this easily.
12-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Lightbulb RE: Gran Turismo 0.9.9 Graphic Improvement
People who have a good pc can try out this setting to improve Gran Turismo Graphic.
First,In PPSSPP Setting,click "feature" "postprocessing feature" then "FXAA Anti-aliasing"
Second,play Gran Turismo,go to Option,then click "Display Settings,Video Output from PSP change into :External Video Output

I do strongly believe most of the pc can run this setting to play on high resolution without changing too much setting on it,very simple Tongue

My Pc Spec:Pentium G2020,GT 630 1GB,4GB Ram
Because of some reason i cannot post picture on this forum,do what i say the graphic will look almost like PS3 Gran turismo or even better Big Grin

PC:Pentium G2020 ,Gigabyte Geforce GT630 1GB,8GB Kingston Ram
PSP: E1008 White Street
PC Joystick: Logitech F310
12-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Adding some texture filters and FXAA should be awesome. Smile

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro