Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HTC M8 and PPSSPP
07-01-2015, 12:07 AM
HTC M8 and PPSSPP
Hello,
First of all, I want to apologise if this isn't the right forum to ask this, but I recently bought an HTC M8 and I installed SkyDragon's Sense 7 ROM (5.0.2).
I downloaded last PPSSPP build and started playing KH BBS. The game runs fine but sometimes it slows down hard when in a big map or when lots of enemies spawn.
I wonder if there is any way to improve my phone's performance. Is there a noticeable difference between 5.0.2 Sense ROMs and 5.1 GPe regarding PPSSPP performance? Is there any optimal setting I should be using?
Also, I've read many times that Qualcomm Drivers are a huge issue right now, is that still true?
Thanks in advance Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 04:14 AM by fivefeet8.)
RE: HTC M8 and PPSSPP
I have the same device and yes, it's still slow for most things OpenGL related to emulators in general. Their drivers are still crap comparatively. You'll need to use moderate frame skipping to get most games to run without slowdown in PPSSPP.

Qualcomm drivers for OpenGL es2 seem to work correctly, but their driver overhead holds their devices back in performance. They claim to support OpenGL es3 on their Adreno 330 GPU, but good luck getting anything using it to run without rendering issues(Dolphin/GlideN64).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply