Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Solved] Problems with controller mapping
06-28-2015, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 12:47 AM by deadbeatz.)
[Solved] Problems with controller mapping
So, I have a XBOX360 controller, and lately I came back to PPSSPP to play some MH. The problem is, everytime I press the A button it changes the game speed, making it totally unplayable since the A button is pretty much essential. I disabled Speed toggle and Unthrottle in the control mapping option and it was fixed. But now the A button is acting as if it's the X button. I have no clue what's happening since this never happened before. Any help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Problems with controller mapping
thats the default setting for NTSC region, X is to confirm
if your playing NTSC-J (JAPAN) game O is to confirm
X-A, CIRCLE-B, SQUARE-X, TRIANGLE-Y

press ESC(keyboard) to get to settings, select SYSTEM scroll all the way down to change X to O (CIRCLE)

•Windows 10 (64-bit)
•Acer Aspire TC-605 with GTX 750 SC 2GB
•Tegra Note 7: Tegra 4 | 1GB Ram | 1.81GHz | Lollipop 5.1 | ROOT
•PSP-1000 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW
#ItsMoreFunInPhilippines
06-29-2015, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2015 12:16 AM by deadbeatz.)
(06-28-2015 11:28 PM)iKlNG Wrote:  thats the default setting for NTSC region, X is to confirm
if your playing NTSC-J (JAPAN) game O is to confirm
X-A, CIRCLE-B, SQUARE-X, TRIANGLE-Y

press ESC(keyboard) to get to settings, select SYSTEM scroll all the way down to change X to O (CIRCLE)

A is acting like it's X. For example: in MH A dodges and X uses items, if I press A it acts like it's X. For the record I'm playing Monster Hunter freedom unite (usa), this never happened before, so I'm clueless about this problem.
06-29-2015, 12:58 AM
ohh I miss read your post >< check your control mapping in settings you press Restore Default

•Windows 10 (64-bit)
•Acer Aspire TC-605 with GTX 750 SC 2GB
•Tegra Note 7: Tegra 4 | 1GB Ram | 1.81GHz | Lollipop 5.1 | ROOT
•PSP-1000 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW
#ItsMoreFunInPhilippines
06-29-2015, 01:35 AM
(06-29-2015 12:58 AM)iKlNG Wrote:  ohh I miss read your post >< check your control mapping in settings you press Restore Default

Did that already :/ Apparently this is only happening with the gamepad, when I try with the keyboard there's no errors. My gamepad is working perfectly with pc games though...
06-29-2015, 04:50 PM
(06-28-2015 10:41 PM)deadbeatz Wrote:  So, I have a XBOX360 controller, and lately I came back to PPSSPP to play some MH. The problem is, everytime I press the A button it changes the game speed, making it totally unplayable since the A button is pretty much essential. I disabled Speed toggle and Unthrottle in the control mapping option and it was fixed. But now the A button is acting as if it's the X button. I have no clue what's happening since this never happened before. Any help?

here is work around

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513

it could help ya

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
07-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Kinda late answer, but I actually found how to fix my problem just now. It was a badly installed gamepad driver, I unninstaled it and installed again and now everything is working. Thanks for the replies.