Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some help on setting up the emulator.
06-25-2015, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 02:56 AM by Damned.)
Need some help on setting up the emulator.
Hello all.

I just downloaded the emulator and have tried to read up on the guides. I still have a few questions.

My desire is to output an image that is as faithful to the original hardware as possible, as well as turning on some settings that more accurately emulate the PSP.

1. Vertex cache and mipmapping disable effects when turned on, therefore, the more accurate option is turned off, correct?

2. Spline/Bezier Curves Quality. I believe that low is a speedhack, therefore, is high the accurate option?

3. Texture scaling I have turned off and presume the rest of the options therefore do not apply.

4. Anisotropic Filtering again I have turned off and the other two options have been set to Nearest. Are these the most accurate image options?

5. Rendering resolution is set to 1x PSP, but I presume will be upscaled to 1280x1024 as I'm going to be playing in fullscreen.

6. All the hacks are turned off.

7. Audio backend I have kept at Auto, but is there an option that is more accurate?

8. System tab I am completely clueless. I have just turned off Fast Memory and Multithreaded as the guide mentioned the former could break games when turned on, and that the later is buggy. Any other settings I should change for more accurate emulation?

I have an i7 2700k @ 3.50 GHZ, so I have plenty of horsepower to throw around.

EDIT: Also, by default, where do saves get stored and how do I use a save I downloaded (It is for using all the DLC in MegaMan Powered Up. It has several folders, all named ULUS10091DL00xx (Where xx is a number from 00-27.) as well as one named ULUS10091MMPUSYS)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: Need some help on setting up the emulator.
1. Yep

2. Yep

3. Yep, and it takes more performance especiially if its on x3-x5.

4. Yea Anis. Filtering doesn't really decrease the performance wether it's on or off... I always set that to x16, and probably the best option on Tex Filtering would be Linear for me.

5. If you are using (1.0.0, 0.9.9 not sure) below and set the Rendering Mode to Non-Buffered then yep it would auto set the resolution depending on your current monitor resolution. On Latest builds, you can freely control the resolution on Non-Buffered. But because you have a very good rig, you should just rather set it to Buffered Rendering because its much more graphically good and it still retains the PSP-like graphics.

6. Yep, and they cause bugs unless you really wan't more speed.

7. Dunno. Auto for me also.

8. Yep fast mem is for debugging purposes only, as for multithreaded it increases performance on some games but yea it is still tagged with "experimental" so it also causes bugs on specific games like FF Type-0, Project Diva Games etc.

And Finally, saves go on your PPSSPP folder: PPSSPP/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA.

Cheers Cool

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
06-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Yea Anis. Filtering doesn't really decrease the performance wether it's on or off

But is off the more accurate to how the PSP would render graphics?

probably the best option on Tex Filtering would be Linear for me.

But does nearest output like the hardware would?

And Finally, saves go on your PPSSPP folder: PPSSPP/memstick/PSP/SAVEDATA.

DLC would just go in PPSSPP/memstick/PSP/ correct?
06-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Yea. Although it depends on you man whether if you prefer the other one or without it then yea.

DLCs go in here: PPSSPP/memstick/PSP/GAME.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)