Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Atrac3plus decoder!
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 06:54 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: Atrac3plus decoder!
(04-30-2013 07:08 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:41 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:19 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:16 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I'm gonna decompile Locoroco for Xperia Play and see what's inside.

Interesting Smile

Just did it.

lib/armeabi/libdefault.so - Is the PSP emulator, it's encrypted but you can obtain the unencrypted file from /dev/kmem on a rooted Android with a custom Kernel.

There's also a zpak file that has a file called "image.ps" which is the JAP ISO of Locoroco Midnight Carnival for PSP.

We could give a look to libdefault.so for anything useful

even if i don't fully understand how can you/we read a compiled binary that contains machine code (.so) i'm really curious to know what happens if you replace that image.ps with another game image,renaming it like that (see PSXperia) did you already tried?
I'm pretty positive it won't work because PSXperia checks if the gamedata matches or if it's replaced with something else. Now PSXperia has a patch around that but the way PSP isos are as data and their codes shouldn't match the kind of patch PSXperia uses. Maybe somebody else can try it for me? I have zero knowledge on recompiling PSXperia titles. I guess/bet if it worked for PSOne games it should work for PSP too BUT the code/patcher would need to get support for it.
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
(05-01-2013 06:39 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 07:08 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:41 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:19 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(04-30-2013 10:16 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I'm gonna decompile Locoroco for Xperia Play and see what's inside.

Interesting Smile

Just did it.

lib/armeabi/libdefault.so - Is the PSP emulator, it's encrypted but you can obtain the unencrypted file from /dev/kmem on a rooted Android with a custom Kernel.

There's also a zpak file that has a file called "image.ps" which is the JAP ISO of Locoroco Midnight Carnival for PSP.

We could give a look to libdefault.so for anything useful

even if i don't fully understand how can you/we read a compiled binary that contains machine code (.so) i'm really curious to know what happens if you replace that image.ps with another game image,renaming it like that (see PSXperia) did you already tried?
I'm pretty positive it won't work because PSXperia checks if the gamedata matches or if it's replaced with something else. Now PSXperia has a patch around that but the way PSP isos are as data and their codes shouldn't match the kind of patch PSXperia uses. Maybe somebody else can try it for me? I have zero knowledge on recompiling PSXperia titles. I guess/bet if it worked for PSOne games it should work for PSP too BUT the code/patcher would need to get support for it.

I hope a developer can help you in your research ! Maybe we can find something helpful in there Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
(05-01-2013 07:12 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I hope a developer can help you in your research ! Maybe we can find something helpful in there Smile
For sure there's an ATRAC3+ decoder there. The thing is that the code is compiled. The good thing is that Android is an open OS and there are dozens tools to monitor is happening. You could spot simmilar functions with the Windows dlls.
05-01-2013, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 11:55 PM by JumperTwo.)
are you sure Locoroco is emulated? if i remember correctly it's just a part of the game (5-6 stages?)
05-02-2013, 01:01 AM
It's the same version that is available on Japanese PSN, somekind of a promo/demo/whatever. I can't name the release. Also when you save it comes up with the typical "Saving Game, Don't turn off your Playstation Portable system or remove the Memory Stick Duo Pro card".
05-02-2013, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 04:11 PM by JumperTwo.)
(05-02-2013 01:01 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  It's the same version that is available on Japanese PSN, somekind of a promo/demo/whatever. I can't name the release. Also when you save it comes up with the typical "Saving Game, Don't turn off your Playstation Portable system or remove the Memory Stick Duo Pro card".

i can't find that image.ps,but i found a "bgm" folder. inside there are some audio files i presume (.sdx2) but i can't extract them as it asks for passwork.i also found manual pages, locorocos model, textures, stages, original psp fonts (!) and other data.i'm not sure this is "swappable" anymore.
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
(03-13-2013 05:13 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  It's not a legal problem, what that thing does is merely re-batching OMA files and decode them to wav on SonicStage. The problem is that it would be a bad substitute (Though for some reason I'd love something like that to get implemented on PPSSPP, since I use it on JPCSP to replace the audio files with real PCM audio from the official OST discs of games which gives a TREMENDOUS boost in audio quality)
BTW, It just flashed in my head that you can do the same in Android without the need to transfer the files manualy from PC.
This Locoroco game, Lemmings, Cubix and other PSP games like minis that were emulated natively on Android via the use of PlayStation Certified/Playstation Mobile apps MUST contain some sort of ATRAC3+ decoder since the PSP games are basically the untouched iso file wrapped in a PSC title. Oh and I HIIIIIGLY doubt they are using LLE emulation on Android devices for the Sound Emulation.

Remember this is NOT a port, it's simply an officialy emulated game:

Is it mean you extract the game audio file, then convert or reencode whatever you call it into playable file for JPCSP or PPSSPP? I'm looking for a guide for this game modding.
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 02:48 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(05-02-2013 12:26 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 01:01 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  It's the same version that is available on Japanese PSN, somekind of a promo/demo/whatever. I can't name the release. Also when you save it comes up with the typical "Saving Game, Don't turn off your Playstation Portable system or remove the Memory Stick Duo Pro card".

i can't find that image.ps,but i found a "bgm" folder. inside there are some audio files i presume (.sdx2) but i can't extract them as it asks for passwork.i also found manual pages, locorocos model, textures, stages, original psp fonts (!) and other data.i'm not sure this is emulated anymore.
Same files as in the EBOOT.PBP from the JAP version of Locoroco Midnight carnival. People don't question me, the existance of libdefault.so is enough to justify it. Why would they include a whole executable that emulates PSP and, the original PSP manual for Locoroco MC and the pgd fornts if it wasn't emulated? Also .sdx2 is a libz archive containing AT3 streams.
05-02-2013, 03:06 PM
(05-01-2013 09:10 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 07:12 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I hope a developer can help you in your research ! Maybe we can find something helpful in there Smile
For sure there's an ATRAC3+ decoder there. The thing is that the code is compiled. The good thing is that Android is an open OS and there are dozens tools to monitor is happening. You could spot simmilar functions with the Windows dlls.

It could be awesome if we succeed in extract the ATRAC3+ decoder in Locoroco for Xperia Play with your work ! Smile
I hope it will be possible !

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-02-2013, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 03:38 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(05-02-2013 03:06 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

It could be awesome if we succeed in extract the ATRAC3+ decoder in Locoroco for Xperia Play with your work ! Smile

It's not possible actualy, and even if it was it would be illegal to use it. It's not a decoder, it's an emulator and it's compiled code. What I'm pointing is to have an extra reference thing that can decode ATRAC3+ but this time on a OS that currently had no support/tool known for it. It could potentialy help reverse engineer the codec since we have bootloader access to Android we could monitor everything done in the background with the combination of ISA Pro and adb.
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
(05-02-2013 03:34 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  

It's not possible actualy, and even if it was it would be illegal to use it. It's not a decoder, it's an emulator and it's compiled code. What I'm pointing is to have an extra reference thing that can decode ATRAC3+ but this time on a OS that currently had no support/tool known for it. It could potentialy help reverse engineer the codec since we have bootloader access to Android we could monitor everything done in the background with the combination of ISA Pro and adb.

OK, and how about reverse engineering the emulator/codec to see how it decodes ATRAC3+, so we can maybe create our own decoder ?

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-02-2013, 03:59 PM
(05-02-2013 03:46 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

OK, and how about reverse engineering the emulator/codec to see how it decodes ATRAC3+, so we can maybe create our own decoder ?
That's what I meant, you can monitor what the emulator does while it runs, theoriticaly it could help alot in that aspect.
05-02-2013, 04:02 PM
(05-02-2013 03:59 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 03:46 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 09:10 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  For sure there's an ATRAC3+ decoder there. The thing is that the code is compiled. The good thing is that Android is an open OS and there are dozens tools to monitor is happening. You could spot simmilar functions with the Windows dlls.

That's what I meant, you can monitor what the emulator does while it runs, theoriticaly it could help alot in that aspect.

Oh, OK Smile
I hope we will find how to decode ATRAC3+ by this way Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-02-2013, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 04:12 PM by JumperTwo.)
(05-02-2013 02:44 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 12:26 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  

i can't find that image.ps,but i found a "bgm" folder. inside there are some audio files i presume (.sdx2) but i can't extract them as it asks for passwork.i also found manual pages, locorocos model, textures, stages, original psp fonts (!) and other data.i'm not sure this is emulated anymore.
Same files as in the EBOOT.PBP from the JAP version of Locoroco Midnight carnival. People don't question me, the existance of libdefault.so is enough to justify it. Why would they include a whole executable that emulates PSP and, the original PSP manual for Locoroco MC and the pgd fornts if it wasn't emulated? Also .sdx2 is a libz archive containing AT3 streams.

sorry i meant : i don't think this is emulated by reading an ISO,seems more like hardcoded for those Locoroco's files, swapping a possible image is not an option (i suppose it wasn't going to work anyway).
i didn't find documentations about that format (.sdx2) can you link me something? Hmm,how did you link that library to a possible PSP emulator? it's very possible actually, i found a LOT of reference to psp , example :

TextureInfo unswizzle_PSP texture_PSP_to_GL2
RenderFont18PSP_GetPSPCharInfoEjP18SceFont_t_charInfo

i just don't understand Sony.They had an ARM ready PSP emulator (the one for PSVITA), they could just ported it to Android and Xperia Play (something like they did silently for this game).if i remember correctly they had Daxter and Syphon filter ready to be released on Playstation Certified devices, and than nothing , perfect vaporware.
05-02-2013, 04:43 PM
(05-02-2013 04:05 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  sorry i meant : i don't think this is emulated by reading an ISO,seems more like hardcoded for those Locoroco's files, swapping a possible image is not an option (i suppose it wasn't going to work anyway).
i didn't find documentations about that format (.sdx2) can you link me something? Hmm,how did you link that library to a possible PSP emulator? it's very possible actually, i found a LOT of reference to psp , example :

TextureInfo unswizzle_PSP texture_PSP_to_GL2
RenderFont18PSP_GetPSPCharInfoEjP18SceFont_t_charInfo

i just don't understand Sony.They had an ARM ready PSP emulator (the one for PSVITA), they could just ported it to Android and Xperia Play (something like they did silently for this game).if i remember correctly they had Daxter and Syphon filter ready to be released on Playstation Certified devices, and than nothing , perfect vaporware.
Oh I see. Well there is no documentation for them, just need to check them with a HEX editor. You can get the files decrypted if you have a kernel that allows you to have access to dev/kmem. The actual image has an index file simmilar to the contents of EBOOT.PBP incase you're wondering, they didn't relink something, what you see is the actual contents of a DEMO/PSN title if you decompile them with some extra Android only stuff.
Thread Closed