Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Will PPSSPP work fine on Galaxy S6? (thread adjusted for rules)
06-08-2015, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 01:22 PM by Pillidge.)
Will PPSSPP work fine on Galaxy S6? (thread adjusted for rules)
(thread fixed because the last one broke piracy rules, sorry about that, I just really want an answer to this)

I'm getting Samsung Galaxy S6 soon, and I'm wondering if I will be able to install PPSSPP on the device without any error or issue or warranty void whatsoever, without having to jailbreak or unlock my device in any way. Also, with the graphical settings at the lowest, will most games run at a respectable framerate?

In a nutshell, can I walk out of the store with the device, go home, charge it up, install PPSSPP, adjust the settings, and play right away, preferably in that order?

(I hope re-posting this doesn't count as any sort of spam)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: Will PPSSPP work fine on Galaxy S6? (thread adjusted for rules)
You'll be able to install PPSSPP without needing to jailbreak or unlock it. Most games should run well even with higher settings on that device. There will be some games that don't though, but that SOC probably has the best chance of running PPSSPP on a Phone properly without frame skip.
06-08-2015, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 01:51 PM by GuenosNoLife.)
I have a shit smartphone Startrail 3 By SFR, can run 15 fps slow on COD, so S6 will run fine.
No need ROOT, It's not called "Jailbreak" It's for iPhone Wink

Android don't need Root for run files out PlayStore, just allow APK Unknow at Settings!
If you want install from PlayStore, It's version stable, If you want install version not finished at build log PPSSPP, you need allow APK Unknow, When you finish install you can disable APK Unknkow Smile

http://priice.fr/comparatif/samsung-gala...trail-iii/

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
06-08-2015, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 02:50 PM by Pillidge.)
(06-08-2015 01:47 PM)GuenosNoLife Wrote:  I have a shit smartphone Startrail 3 By SFR, can run 15 fps slow on COD, so S6 will run fine.
No need ROOT, It's not called "Jailbreak" It's for iPhone Wink

Android don't need Root for run files out PlayStore, just allow APK Unknow at Settings!
If you want install from PlayStore, It's version stable, If you want install version not finished at build log PPSSPP, you need allow APK Unknow, When you finish install you can disable APK Unknkow Smile

-snip-
Alright three more questions though:

1.) Does it drain battery at an unusually fast rate? (faster than a typical high-graphic android game)

2.) Do I install PSP games as I normally would for PPSSPP (on the PC)? And does the phone need to be hooked up to a PC for me to put games on the emulator?

3.) What exactly is the point of rooting? I've heard that Android inherently allows the user to take full control of the phone right out of the shop.
06-08-2015, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 10:55 AM by GuenosNoLife.)
I don't play so much on Phone because no power, before I use phone only for test Adhoc cross Android with Windows. But I will reply your three question

Quote:1.) Does it drain battery at an unusually fast rate? (faster than a typical high-graphic android game)
I don't know

Quote:2.) Do I install PSP games as I normally would for PPSSPP (on the PC)? And does the phone need to be hooked up to a PC for me to put games on the emulator?
You need file .iso or .cso for run, If you want rip your UMD you need computer USB, move .iso/.cso to your folder of Android and crack your PSP!
If you download game (legal If you dont want crack your PSP, if you have game Not legal in any way, sorry.), so much is .rar you cannot use with Android perfect, better is use PC uncompressed correctly and move .iso/.cso to your Android

Quote:3.) What exactly is the point of rooting? I've heard that Android inherently allows the user to take full control of the phone right out of the shop.
I don't know, I never use Root.
I think It's only for kill processus and remove all applications pre-install but not change about file APK!

You download PPSSPP from PlayStore and, rip your game and move iso to your android and play.
Very easy... why so much question ? Try different setting what is best for your phone.

Edit by vnctdj : Please be careful with piracy-related subjects.
Edit by Guenos: D'accord

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
06-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Yes it will drain battery fast trust me. All high end games and PPSSPP does that to all Android smartphones. Rather play on PC if you dont want to stop playing