Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No luck playing any games.
03-13-2013, 06:33 AM
No luck playing any games.
I have 3 different iso games that I have tried. All load but are EXTREMELY slow.......is that normal? Sounds like some people are able to actually play games on this, I haven't had any luck with my 1.6 quad core phone. Am I doing something wrong?

Place iso in memory
install ppsspp
load iso in ppsspp
.....?

Do I need to convert it? Or is that recommended?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: No luck playing any games.
Which are the games? Some games are just very slow on Android still. Have you tried the PC version of PPSSPP?
03-14-2013, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 12:21 AM by synergeticink.)
(03-13-2013 07:40 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Which are the games? Some games are just very slow on Android still. Have you tried the PC version of PPSSPP?

God of war, and a couple others, can't remember right now.

I downloaded the PC version and it just force closes when I load the iso, at least the Android app loads the game just really slow.

Update: Just realized that this game was added to the list and it says "Performance problems (that are probably fixable)"
03-14-2013, 04:04 AM
(03-14-2013 12:19 AM)synergeticink Wrote:  
(03-13-2013 07:40 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Which are the games? Some games are just very slow on Android still. Have you tried the PC version of PPSSPP?

God of war, and a couple others, can't remember right now.

I downloaded the PC version and it just force closes when I load the iso, at least the Android app loads the game just really slow.

Update: Just realized that this game was added to the list and it says "Performance problems (that are probably fixable)"

Quad Core 1.6GHz phone doesn't say much. You can have a Quad Core Cortex-A5 that would be much slower than a Single Core Cortex-A15 for example. Since you said Quad Core 1.6GHz I imagined that you have a Tegra 3, that is still slower than a Dual Core Qualcomm Krait. Please post the model of your phone, this would help.

And put the name of the games too. God of War is really slow even on PC (it's a issue with this game). The other two may be the same, but we can't know if you don't put the name too lol.
03-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Yeah god of war is slow everywhere XD

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 09:27 PM by Kroktar.)
i Wish admins could split the forum into Mobile working games and Pc working games....Playable subforum doesnt say much :/...And most of them run slow with glitches...its kinda a mess <.<

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: Stock, non rooted.
03-17-2013, 07:36 PM
well... originally if people was able to actually read... it's clearly stated that they should state on which platform they've tested the game....

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Just wondering.

How do I know if the game file/archive is not "good" ? Does PPSSPP say something or crash ?

Also, if some games dont work on PC version, could they still work on Android version ?
03-19-2013, 07:02 AM
(03-18-2013 08:00 PM)KingPepper Wrote:  
(03-18-2013 07:43 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote:  Just wondering.

How do I know if the game file/archive is not "good" ? Does PPSSPP say something or crash ?

Also, if some games dont work on PC version, could they still work on Android version ?

In the emulators menu click debug tab then click on log console, take a look at the line that start at the beginning of the log.

FileSystems\ISOFileSystems.cpp:

At the end of that line it should say "Looks like a valid ISO!"

If not then your ISO or CSO is not a proper ISO file.

As for the second question, yes some games do work for some reason only on Android and not on PC, and Vice Versa, usually to do with whatever hardware is available to the emulator I suppose.

Hope that helps. Cool

Yes, thats plenty useful.

Though I supose you are talking about PC version since I forgot to mention that I talked about Android (Xperia Play) version mainly and didnt see debug menu.

Well, I'll check their validness once I get to home ;P

PSP Iso's look so messy, first I decided to test my friends rips which dont do anything, then I got "alternate solutions" which are either plain RAR files or weirdly compiled and come in varying sizes.

One of these games (Dragonball Z Shin budokai 2) gives me emulation FPS value (0.0) but I cant even open menu so it seems to freeze the app.
DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team doesnt give FPS value but menus work fine.

Ofcourse its possible that these games simply arent compatible yet.