Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something is seriously wrong with my gaming laptop
05-29-2015, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 11:03 AM by ing17.)
Something is seriously wrong with my gaming laptop
Hi everyone, I am a newbie so bear with me. I have a gaming laptop; MSI Ghost series GS60 2PE GHOST PRO 3K GOLD EDITION. I am more than sure that my laptop is capable of running virtually every psp games on HD judging from the videos I've seen on youtube when the PPSPP is being operated on android machines. However, all games seem to have a problem I don't know what is it. I set the PSPPP to run on my dedicated Nvidia GEforce GTX860M with maximising performance. The problems include a noticeable framerate drop. For God of War chain of olympus I can't even see the text written in the menu. Something is seriously wrong here. I tried changing it to non buffered and tweaked almost every setting options possible. Yet it doesnt seem to change anything. The text is still invisible in the menu. What are some suggestions or is it impossible to use my laptop for this emulator? The attached file is how GOW looks on my laptop

Windows 8.1 SQL x64

Intel core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 Ghz

Nvidia Gefore GTX860M

16GB RAM

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: Something is seriously wrong with my gaming laptop
(05-29-2015 10:48 AM)ing17 Wrote:  Hi everyone, I am a newbie so bear with me. I have a gaming laptop; MSI Ghost series GS60 2PE GHOST PRO 3K GOLD EDITION. I am more than sure that my laptop is capable of running virtually every psp games on HD judging from the videos I've seen on youtube when the PPSPP is being operated on android machines. However, all games seem to have a problem I don't know what is it. I set the PSPPP to run on my dedicated Nvidia GEforce GTX860M with maximising performance. The problems include a noticeable framerate drop. For God of War chain of olympus I can't even see the text written in the menu. Something is seriously wrong here. I tried changing it to non buffered and tweaked almost every setting options possible. Yet it doesnt seem to change anything. The text is still invisible in the menu. What are some suggestions or is it impossible to use my laptop for this emulator? The attached file is how GOW looks on my laptop

Windows 8.1 SQL x64

Intel core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50 Ghz

Nvidia Gefore GTX860M

16GB RAM

try downloading the 64latest bit version of PPSSPP github build(found on the bottom of the downloads page) and try again. I am really bothered by what are you sayinh, cause PPSSPP will run Fantastically with your system spec.

I love reading Japanese Light Novels!
I'm also a God Eater and a Monster Hunter!
05-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Try using the default settings. You may have enabled settings that make it worse.

For example, some games can run poorly even on your system with xBRZ texture scaling se to 5x. At one time that scaling was labeled "insane". 4x requires only 64% as much processing power and isn't that noticeably different.

That's just one example, though.

-[Unknown]
06-04-2015, 03:01 PM
I have tried downloading the 64 bit latest dev version from github and enabled the default settings.Yet GOW menu doesnt even show the text.