Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quicksave/-load without slot changing
05-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Quicksave/-load without slot changing
Hi,

firstly thanks for this awesome emulator. This is best working emulator of all existing ones.
#realtalk

Quicksave and -load works perfectly. However, I use emulators mainly for the savestate abusing, therefore I can spare a lot of time.

Now to my question.
Is it possible that I can save and load without the changing of the saveslot? For instance during a Yugioh game sometimes I want to test the trap cards of the opponent. I quicksave, attack and want to see what happens afterwards I load the old savestate. But in PPSSPP it jumps to the next state automatically which is pretty uncomfortable.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Quicksave/-load without slot changing
I'm not 100% sure what you mean
F2 - is supposed to save a save state to the currently selected slot,nothing else
F3 - is for switching slots
F4 - is for loading save states from the currently selected slot and nothing else

If you are experiencing a different behavior,then there is either something wrong with ppsspp or your settings for the keys configuration(you can set different keys for saving\switching\loading states)

I know that this feature work correctly(at least here...I cleared 25 games already on ppsspp)because I also abuse them a lot(especially on GEB...to get better items)but I also use the normal way of saving my progress when I have a chance(or I want to)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
05-27-2015, 04:50 PM
RE: Quicksave/-load without slot changing
Thanks.
I also use the normal way but for better items (me too in GEB) or to correct a mistake I love quick save and load.

I try it with your keys.

I use F1 for saving and F4 for loading. And after evry use it jumps to the next state.