Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Macbook Air Mid-2013
05-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Macbook Air Mid-2013
Hello,

Quick question. Runs perfectly on my PC but I notice even when running the client, with no game, after a few minutes the fans fire up pretty heavy on the macbook. I know the graphics in these things are poor but I didnt think it would crash and burn this bad. Any suggestions on settings changes?

Reminder, fans fire up and heats up without even running a game. leave app open 3-4 mins and it starts to burn.

Thanks for the help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Macbook Air Mid-2013
(05-15-2015 01:51 PM)maine2862 Wrote:  Hello,

Quick question. Runs perfectly on my PC but I notice even when running the client, with no game, after a few minutes the fans fire up pretty heavy on the macbook. I know the graphics in these things are poor but I didnt think it would crash and burn this bad. Any suggestions on settings changes?

Reminder, fans fire up and heats up without even running a game. leave app open 3-4 mins and it starts to burn.

Thanks for the help!

You have to keep in mind games might be (poor) in graphics, but what your cpu has to do is interpret those instruction with multiple cycles,the psp does this instantaneously do to it being native instructions its cpu understands, so it does take its toll on your cpu and gpu too. running ppsspp is like running any heavy game on your pc, its to be expected, the hardware on a mac book air is sub par with most pc,s today,be glad it even runs man.
05-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Actually, I changed it to non buffered rendering and it improved a lot.
05-16-2015, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 07:53 PM by vnctdj.)
But you will experience some graphic glitches as Non-buffered rendering is a hack Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2