Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ys Seven crashing.
05-01-2015, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 05:56 PM by KnoxThunder.)
Exclamation Ys Seven crashing.
Hi guys,

I have been trying to play Ys seven for the last 3 days, but it seems like the game crashes at scene changes. If I use Fast Memory, PPSSPP simply crashes. If I don't use Fast memory, then the game simply remains at Now Loading. Can any1 help me solve this problem?

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and the PPSSPP is the latest version, i.e. 1.0.1. I have read other posts and tried different options, but the game still fails to load. I have also tried on the latest dev version, but it fails in there as well. I tried running the game in the Windows version. I tried both the release and dev versions to run the game in Windows 8 x64. Yet it fails as well. I tried switching between the Render Backends i.e. OpenGL and DirectX. But I get the same result.

Here are some screenshots from Windows.

I have noticed this happening in Altago Palace and Segram Village as well as in Segram Desert. Please advice.

--------------
---Update---
--------------

Now the screen crashes almost as soon as I skip Segram Village and enter the Segram Desert due east. A screenie in here.

Also as soon as the game crashes, the background music speeds up drastically.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Ys Seven crashing.
Can you post your save and the ppsspp.ini file for the windows version.
I just tried the game with 1.0.1-118 x86 on all 3 places you mention but the game didn't crash

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
The ppsspp.ini file as requested and some more bugs encountered that kept on crashing PPSSPP.

ppsspp.ini file :

.txt  ULUS10551_ppsspp.txt (Size: 3.95 KB / Downloads: 441)

And I don't understand what you mean by the Save file. Can you please elaborate?
05-01-2015, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 08:56 PM by vsub_.)
By "save file" I mean the folder that start with ULUS10551000 in memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA(if you actually ever saved the game the normal way...not save states only)

Save states only is a bad thing and by looking at your settings...you are like asking ppsspp to crash(even tho it didn't crash here)
Try deleting your settings(it is possible your default settings to also contains all those settings so just for a test,rename the folder SAVEDATA to something else and start ppsspp and the game without configuring anything(except the controller maybe...you can either copy it from the renamed SAVEDATA folder or rather than renaming the SAVEDATA folder,you can delete(to the recycle bin so you can restore it later if you want)the ULUS10551_ppsspp.ini and ppsspp.ini))

Edit:And I also notest that you are using cheats and certain cheats can case such problems

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
05-03-2015, 03:55 AM
Thanks vsub_ . I was able to find the cause of the crash. Apparently, the game cannot run properly while being loaded from a saved state. I used the same ppsspp.ini configuration that I posted. Instead of loading from a saved state, I loaded the game from a saved file and its functioning smoothly. Thanks, once again for the help. Smile