Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP Crash - Save/Load State
04-28-2015, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2015 06:51 AM by JohnJoe.)
Photo PPSSPP Crash - Save/Load State
Hello,

As thread name says PPSSPP is crashing every time I try to either save or load a state, it wasn't happening yesterday when I last played Star Ocean 1.

I'm using the build v1.0.1-455-gde525f3.

What I tried so far:
- Run PPSSPP executable as admin
- Tried to Save and Load state in another game
- Double checked Folder permissions and users
- Tried to load state in 1.0.1 stable version but it gives the error: "load state failed to load" this was expected since according to the FAQs save states aren't supposed to work in different builds or something
Code:
i.imgur.com/mSPNqgD.png
- When saving state in 1.0.1 PPSSPP also crashes (this time with Fate Extra/CCC)
Code:
i.imgur.com/wUPdIna.png

I ran the InfoLog.bat and tried to load the state, this is the result:
Code:
pastebin.com/pKmYDjDt

Then I deleted the ppsspplog.txt and tried to save a new state in another slot resulting in:
Code:
pastebin.com/Mtp0yknJ

The error/crash window is always the same:
Code:
i.imgur.com/agGvLct.jpg

What is driving me mad is that yesterday I was playing SO 1 fine and now it's crashing also no one else use this pc. I've been using PPSSPP for a long while beat a couple of games on it (thanks for this great emulator!) but this is the first time ever I ran into an issue.

Edit 1: Yesterday before starting SO1, I downloaded the git build and just extracted it into my ppsspp directory replaced files with the same name. I'm pretty sure I did it in the past before 1.0+ builds and never ran into an issue but oh well maybe it might help in tracking this issue.

Edit 2: typos.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: PPSSPP Crash - Save/Load State
Old and new savestates work for me. If you download older git builds, what's the first one that doesn't work, and the last one that does work?

Does it work if you create a new savestate in the latest git build, and try to load it in the latest git build?

-[Unknown]
04-29-2015, 03:11 PM
It's working on latest git build thanks.

Just to make sure I extracted the new build in another folder and only moved the old contents from /memstick/ to new directory.

Might as well do it every time instead of just extract/replace in the same folder.
04-29-2015, 07:59 PM
i experienced bugs loading save states from older builds in MHFU

numbers with "????". crashing somewhat later

but that's cool... always remember saving on memory slot
that works like a charm

EXCEPT..

if i do a lot of loadings there will most likely a bug of "memory card not inserted"

^^ OCD programmers. start! Tongue
04-30-2015, 02:47 AM
From the game's perspective, when you load a savestate from before you last saved to the memory stick, you're pulling a Marty McFly. The game thinks space-time is gonna tear apart or you might see yourself and disappear, so it cries out for help and throws up its hands.

The best solution is to immediately savestate every time after you save to the memory stick. This way you'll never transport to a time when the game can see something its future self wrote to the memory stick.

-[Unknown]
04-30-2015, 04:52 PM
let me see if i get it:

if I:

00h22 -> save state slot 1
00h25 -> save game memory stick
00h29 -> load state slot 1

will cause the error?

but the bug i have experienced (memory card slot not inserted) happens when:
00h22 -> save game memory stick
00h40 -> save state slot 1
00h45 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h46 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h47 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h48 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h49 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h50 -> load game slot 1 -> i failed getting a bonus
00h51 -> save state slot 1 -> i got tha bonus

this happened to me in MHFU.. when i m cutting a tail of a badass monster and the bonus that i want is 2% prob. to get.
so i did this to not kill the same monster 12433454329 times

didn't work due to the bug Smile
(and i praise the lord for not punishing me because i restarted the game (ctrl+w) and loaded the memory and the 140h playing hour were intact)
05-01-2015, 01:36 AM
As far as I know, the first scenario you described is what causes it. It's possible the game auto-saves and does this to prevent cheating, I don't know.

The PSP itself had a CFW plugin that allowed you to use savestates. AFAIK, this behavior also happens there.

-[Unknown]
05-01-2015, 08:34 AM
This game doesn't have an auto-save feature, it always asks you if you want to save or not Smile
Is it possible that the saved state is not loaded correctly if we load it too many times in a row ?

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-02-2015, 04:24 AM
Well, that would be a bug if so. It shouldn't be the case.

-[Unknown]
05-03-2015, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 04:15 AM by pedobear.)
(05-01-2015 08:34 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  This game doesn't have an auto-save feature, it always asks you if you want to save or not Smile
Is it possible that the saved state is not loaded correctly if we load it too many times in a row ?

yes... the problem is in the end...
after doing the "cheat" and after mission's end... when i'm saving the game it won't let me... and i said good bye to a rathian plate Sad

this happened three times. yes... in rewards with less than 5% i do this... i don t want to beat the monster so many times...
in a 5% prob. with 4 carves max.
X .1
0X .9*.1
00X .9^2*.1
000X .9^2*.1
... with 5% there is 34% that i get the piece in one mission... so it's ok... 1 in 3

but in tail carves (only 1 try) :O 30 min to a 5% chance... no way. even with tha lucky pig xD

i cant imagine the pain of psp vita users...
05-19-2016, 09:02 PM

Trying to load a save state in p3p, and this keeps happening.
Help
05-20-2016, 01:55 AM
That means the save state file is corrupt. Could be you ran out of disk space or something happened while it was being saved. It won't matter how many times you try to load that save state, it'll never work, because it's missing a bunch of data.

-[Unknown]