Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
05-13-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2015 12:55 PM by vitality19.)
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible?
(05-13-2015 01:43 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Anyway, we frequently get reports from Mali-400 devices that they are falling back to software rendering. If there are Mali-400 devices that don't have this problem, due to better drivers or any other reason, that's great. And, it won't happen in some games (especially less demanding ones.) But any device/driver combination that has this problem is a poor choice for PPSSPP, imho.
Actually I encountered hardware transform failure with mali-400 mp2, the red words on top of the screen, but they disappeared so fast that I hadn't a chance to read them, I didn't experience a slowdown though. Maybe it reverted back to normal as soon as it started. I tested only several games with the new phone and not much time.

(05-13-2015 01:43 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Those are even worse from what I've seen. Yes, newer GPUs have better drivers and also newer OS versions (sometimes.) But for older GPUs the situation is not great, and many device makers don't bother upgrading the drviers when they could, anyway.
Thanks for explaining: So, the newer gpu, the newer OS and drivers, the better for PPSSPP, aside from some gpus' peculiarities which can hinder emulation.

@tiktakt0w Monster hunter is also fullspeed, maybe mali-mp2 and mp4 perform similarly with PPSSPP, but I need some heavier games with exact fps to be sure.

Samsung Captivate, Android 2.3.5 SAUROM, Corn Kernel v701
Fly Evo Chic 3, Android 4.4.2 Stock, improved stock kernel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's with the ARM JIT for PPSSPP Why Is It Terrible? - vitality19 - 05-13-2015 12:38 PM