03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Death, Jr. 2: Root of Evil
Genre : Action Adventure
Region : US
Format : ISO
Version : v0.7-37-g1b5dce5
Game ID : ULUS10157
Compatability : Ingame
Notes : screen is inverted upside down-big black lines-missing music-videos-random freezes

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: Death, Jr. 2: Root of Evil
All videos lagging & emulator runs at 30-35 vps
No drop speed problem in game

Log :
Code:
http://pastebin.com/zzAGJ9QF
07-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Screen Image is now like this(image 1 with Buffered Rendering)but pressing F5(Read Framebuffers to memory) will look like this(image 2).Movies still lagging

08-20-2013, 06:36 PM
It's Playable now,screen is fixed and movies still stuttering

Moved to Playable

09-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Hi, very new here, happy to help with debugs etc if told/shown how.

My experience of this is as sfageas's.

In game seems fine and smooth
Video about 2 FPS, stuttery and choppy as imaginable

0.9.1-1150
11-02-2013, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 06:42 PM by Lerianis.)
Have to backtrack here, the game is playable on 1x rendering resolution for the game itself, the videos still stutter and play at about 1/10th of the speed that they should.

Buffered rendering is a non-optional for the game, on non-buffered rendering it does not show anything but the health bar and the ammo bar.
11-18-2013, 12:51 PM
0.9.5 works for me still, videos still very stuttering and lagging however activating alternate speed during these sequences gets you through the video at a approximately normal speed.
Using 1.0 (and some before builds) videos play fine (though I am now running a much better computer) all appears to be working well
03-05-2015, 04:46 PM
same problem of death junior, this time on pc..
for first five minute all right then, as if there was a time, it passes from 30 to 9-10fps but if i go on save screen and return to game it resumes to go at 30fps for athers 5 minutes...
03-06-2015, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 06:13 PM by bassop.)
Sad RE: Death, Jr. 2: Root of Evil
02-04-2016, 08:20 AM
On 1.1.1, toggle on "disable slower effects" and the game seems to run beautifully. Otherwise, 5fps. If there's a better fix, haven't found it.
03-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Death Jr. II: Root of Evil (USA)
Death Jr. II: Root of Evil (USA) ISO/CSO

The sequel to Death Jr. is another 3D action adventure game.

Seems to run fine if I check Disable Slower Effects, otherwise it's too slow to be playable. So far, this is the only game that's given me speed problems. Every other game, even ones with more detailed graphics, have run great.

I'm using the Windows 32-bit version of PPSSPP on a Core-2-Duo system running at 2.4Ghz with a GT430 graphics card.
03-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
03-15-2017, 01:07 PM
(03-14-2017 10:03 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.
I apologize. I DID search for an existing thread before posting, but some reason, this thread doesn't show up when searching just the message titles.

Anyway, does anyone else have problems running this game at full speed? I'm just wondering if this is really the most CPU/GPU intensive game on the PSP (seems unlikely) or if there is something else causing the slowdown.
03-15-2017, 08:09 PM
(03-15-2017 01:07 PM)Rekrul Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 10:03 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.
I apologize. I DID search for an existing thread before posting, but some reason, this thread doesn't show up when searching just the message titles.

Anyway, does anyone else have problems running this game at full speed? I'm just wondering if this is really the most CPU/GPU intensive game on the PSP (seems unlikely) or if there is something else causing the slowdown.

as i remember i had same problems with this game but i think instructions u posted above was the same as the one which i found on this forum while i was looking for solution when i wanted to play this game

and btw try 60 fps cheat

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid110496

it helps little but aside from that it is like night and day change

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
03-15-2017, 09:57 PM
(03-15-2017 08:09 PM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  as i remember i had same problems with this game but i think instructions u posted above was the same as the one which i found on this forum while i was looking for solution when i wanted to play this game
Thanks for the reply.

Since this game doesn't seem to be the most graphically intensive or have the most action on the screen at once, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the emulation of this particular game. I don't want to report it if it's just that this game is more demanding than most. My intuition says it should run better than it does with no special tweaks, but I don't know for sure.