Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 4.33 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
06-17-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
(06-17-2014 05:00 PM)Funchal99 Wrote:  The latest build does fix the HEAVY stuttering I was experiencing during some sequences (like it was loading the game while it still played), but now I've ran into a different kind of problem: the image has green, blurry lines in front of Qtor in an early cutscene. (couldn't add the screenshot as an attachment here for the life of me, always gives an error message.)

Also, in most cutscenes the very first line spoken by any character in that particular scene seems to stutter the audio a bit. But only the very first line. Weird.

Those weird greens lines only occur in that scene (that I've found). Just switch from non-buffered rendering to buffered rendering to make them go away.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 07:57 AM by Kartoshka.)
(06-16-2014 03:52 AM)wdphan94 Wrote:  Hi Guys. I'm playing on PPSSPP version 0.9.8 in windows 7.
I recently encountered a bug where I would crash again and again even after i restarted the emulator, it's in Chapter 5 where *SPOILERS* the Suzaku engage Soryu in a sky battle and class zero got pulled into the ground by the seiryuujin. Sometimes I would crash before class 0 gets pulled in but this could be bypassed by resetting the emulator. Secondly I would crash after advancing through 3 areas after i got pulled down by the seiryuujin. I bypassed this by changing the rendering mode to read framebuffers to memory (CPU) although it would still crash at times. Thirdly, after entering the 4th area underground, where there would be a cutscene after class zero passes through a strange looking pillar, I would crash midway through the cutscene, which was bypassed by skipping the cutscene before the emulator crashes. Fourthly, after the cutscene a battle would commence between class 0 and several seiryuujin, I would also crash a few seconds (around 2 secs) after the battle started but the main difference is I could not find a way to bypass this.*SPOILERS END*

I was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem, and if you did and you successfully bypassed all of them, could you teach me how to do it? As I said before im playing on PPSSPP 0.9.8 though I don't know which build is this and I don't know how to check. All my settings are on default. My processor is Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz, my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. If information on the log or version build is needed please teach me how to obtain them as I don't really understand too much. Thanks in advance for any feedback Smile

My solution:
I had the same problem. I realized that the crashes were completely random. What I did was every time I go into the next map area, I save stated so that whenever it crashed I wouldn't have re-do the entire mission. It seems it is ONLY that area that causes to crash so far.

On an unrelated note, I have come across another problem that I haven't been able to find a make-shift solution for.

*SPOILERS*

This occurs right after the above mentioned mission (Chapter 6). Where you use the other 3 members of your class to fight Byakko on the [Big Bridge]. The problem is that after I cross the [Big Bridge] the game says "we are about to get flanked", then a party configuration screen pops up and after I press 'Okay' I can no longer use any of the psp controls.

*END SPOILERS*

The esc and turbo buttons work however none of the x, square, circle, triangle or d-pad buttons work. I have tried re-mapping the control to my keyboard and even changing to different settings on my 360 controller, but those attempts failed.
I'm on PC, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Nvidia GTX 275, AMD Phenom II quad core
Edit: Formatting
Edit 2: PC Specs
06-18-2014, 11:06 AM
(06-16-2014 03:52 AM)wdphan94 Wrote:  Hi Guys. I'm playing on PPSSPP version 0.9.8 in windows 7.
I recently encountered a bug where I would crash again and again even after i restarted the emulator, it's in Chapter 5 where *SPOILERS* the Suzaku engage Soryu in a sky battle and class zero got pulled into the ground by the seiryuujin. Sometimes I would crash before class 0 gets pulled in but this could be bypassed by resetting the emulator. Secondly I would crash after advancing through 3 areas after i got pulled down by the seiryuujin. I bypassed this by changing the rendering mode to read framebuffers to memory (CPU) although it would still crash at times. Thirdly, after entering the 4th area underground, where there would be a cutscene after class zero passes through a strange looking pillar, I would crash midway through the cutscene, which was bypassed by skipping the cutscene before the emulator crashes. Fourthly, after the cutscene a battle would commence between class 0 and several seiryuujin, I would also crash a few seconds (around 2 secs) after the battle started but the main difference is I could not find a way to bypass this.*SPOILERS END*

I was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem, and if you did and you successfully bypassed all of them, could you teach me how to do it? As I said before im playing on PPSSPP 0.9.8 though I don't know which build is this and I don't know how to check. All my settings are on default. My processor is Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz, my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. If information on the log or version build is needed please teach me how to obtain them as I don't really understand too much. Thanks in advance for any feedback Smile

I seem to have fixed this by playing through the cave with multithreading ON and read framebuffers to memory(CPU) ON aswell, although this made it very hard to see in the last fight of the cave.
06-18-2014, 12:27 PM
HI guys!
i was hoping to play this on android but the characters ingame dont appear and only their shadows can be seen!!(both enemies and player characters are invisible!) Rest all plays normally
what should i do? im using one the recent builds (also tried the stable version). What changes should i do in my settings??

Also on Win 7 the is audio distorts quite a few times....plz suggest some measures for this!!
06-18-2014, 05:58 PM
hi guys

i play this game on my android devices Xperia M, can anybody show me how to boost performance for this games
thank's in andvance....

sorry about my english, isn't my native language
06-18-2014, 10:48 PM
(06-18-2014 05:58 PM)chopsuey03 Wrote:  hi guys

i play this game on my android devices Xperia M, can anybody show me how to boost performance for this games
thank's in andvance....

sorry about my english, isn't my native language

Aside from some frame rate hiccups on drawing multiple phantasma at once and on using the Relic (where you save, equip, etc), Type 00 works great for my Galaxy S3, I cannot say with certainty if this will work with other devices but feel free to try my options (on the latest available build on Orphis).

(Other options should be the default settings)
Non-Buffered Rendering
Vertex Cache (Turn OFF)
Lazy Texture (On)
Texture Cord speedhack (Turn ON)
Fast Memory (Turn ON)
Change emulated PSP;s CPU clock (to 79)
PSP Model (PSP-2000/3000)

-------------------------------------

If you're still desperate for speed then same options as above but:
Fast Memory (Turn OFF)
Multithreaded (Turn ON)

Multithreaded makes the game player even more smoother but there's a catch, it displays the characters (usually when they re spawn/start a battle) as an unsightly transparent glow that ruins the immersion in playing.

-------------------------------------
Or you can even try turning on the FRAMESKIPPING to 1 (personally I prefer not to resort to this because the game appears to lag but it GREATLY increases speed)
06-18-2014, 11:16 PM
beware, auto frameskip causes flickering if normal(non-skipped) speed is less than 100%
06-19-2014, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 01:01 AM by unknown.)
what the best setting for this in android? anyone can share please?
what version do you use guys?
06-19-2014, 07:47 AM
using build v0.9.8-1275-g413704f and currently updating it,
non-buffered rendering
auto-frameskip -off
timer hack -off (prevents cutscene dialogue from continuing )
multi-threading -off
these provides the least bugs.the other options depends on the device,as the can either speedup gameplay or increase quality.
06-19-2014, 09:51 AM
(06-13-2014 02:34 PM)Henrik Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 01:35 PM)denslife16 Wrote:  in the current state of the emulator I think its impossible to get this space ship because when i try to go to the ship im transported above the ocean

I assume that's on an Android device? Try to copy your savegame to a PC and play that part there. We have some ARM JIT bug that seems to be causing strange map problems.

Hi Henrik,

Is there a plan when this issue on Android will be fixed? I'm using the latest build 1282 and the issue when I try to go to another region on the world map there will be a random teleport sometimes even to middle of the ocean still exists. When it is fixed it would work perfect for me (even more than perfect because it is much better on my phone than on PSP Smile )
06-19-2014, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 11:14 AM by unknown.)
What the function of simulate block transfer??
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
(06-19-2014 11:00 AM)unknown Wrote:  What the function of simulate block transfer??

See this post by [Unknown] for a detailed explanation.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-19-2014, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 01:42 PM by lee13.)
(06-19-2014 09:51 AM)bojan1986819 Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 02:34 PM)Henrik Wrote:  
(06-13-2014 01:35 PM)denslife16 Wrote:  in the current state of the emulator I think its impossible to get this space ship because when i try to go to the ship im transported above the ocean

I assume that's on an Android device? Try to copy your savegame to a PC and play that part there. We have some ARM JIT bug that seems to be causing strange map problems.

Hi Henrik,

Is there a plan when this issue on Android will be fixed? I'm using the latest build 1282 and the issue when I try to go to another region on the world map there will be a random teleport sometimes even to middle of the ocean still exists. When it is fixed it would work perfect for me (even more than perfect because it is much better on my phone than on PSP Smile )
Yeah, it would be awesome. I currently use 0.9.7.3 to go to another region when I meet this issue Big Grin
Edit: I use 1026 and it works fine when I go to another region. You could save a state and load with this version to go through.It's pretty complex though Tongue
06-19-2014, 03:00 PM
lee13 please update to latest vesion
06-19-2014, 03:26 PM
(06-19-2014 03:00 PM)emmaus Wrote:  lee13 please update to latest vesion

I already did, but the teleport bug is still not fixed. I only use 1026 to go through this bug Big Grin