Thread Rating:
  • 15 Votes - 4.33 Average
Final Fantasy Type-0
06-15-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Type-0
theres an improvement in the latest build 1212 on android, but the multitouch is buggy, when you hold somewhere on the screen and try to move the analog stick, the analog stick is stuck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Does anyone catch this bug on the latest build on android and default settings (with buffered rendering on), the older ones work fine though

I used in game save not save state Undecided. Start a new game works okay though. I'm currently on chapter 3 and I don't want to start all over again Sad

My phone spec: LG LTE2, Android 4.0.4

Sorry for my bad English

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Did they fix the issues with the stick figure shadows and the black boxes appearing where the tutorial info was displayed?
06-16-2014, 01:03 AM
I don't know if anyone else has the same situation as me (game running unbearably slow without multithreaded.......yet the game constantly crashing when it's enabled. So basically screwed either way.) but after testing every possible combination of settings over the last couple of days I was able to make it work.

I found that I can run the game with multithreaded enabled as long as Fast Memory and Mipmapping are disabled. I was able to get past the beginning fight in the arena with the summon (which is where I kept crashing with multithreaded before) by doing this. I'm going to start a completely new game later tonight and play through the beginning parts and beyond the arena to make sure that this isn't a fluke (I want to make sure that the arena crash isn't the only instance where the MT crash is gone; but that everything before that is A-ok too).

Everyone's setup is different so I don't know if this will work for anyone else having MT crash problems, but it's worth a try.
06-16-2014, 03:52 AM
Hi Guys. I'm playing on PPSSPP version 0.9.8 in windows 7.
I recently encountered a bug where I would crash again and again even after i restarted the emulator, it's in Chapter 5 where *SPOILERS* the Suzaku engage Soryu in a sky battle and class zero got pulled into the ground by the seiryuujin. Sometimes I would crash before class 0 gets pulled in but this could be bypassed by resetting the emulator. Secondly I would crash after advancing through 3 areas after i got pulled down by the seiryuujin. I bypassed this by changing the rendering mode to read framebuffers to memory (CPU) although it would still crash at times. Thirdly, after entering the 4th area underground, where there would be a cutscene after class zero passes through a strange looking pillar, I would crash midway through the cutscene, which was bypassed by skipping the cutscene before the emulator crashes. Fourthly, after the cutscene a battle would commence between class 0 and several seiryuujin, I would also crash a few seconds (around 2 secs) after the battle started but the main difference is I could not find a way to bypass this.*SPOILERS END*

I was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem, and if you did and you successfully bypassed all of them, could you teach me how to do it? As I said before im playing on PPSSPP 0.9.8 though I don't know which build is this and I don't know how to check. All my settings are on default. My processor is Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz, my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M. If information on the log or version build is needed please teach me how to obtain them as I don't really understand too much. Thanks in advance for any feedback Smile
06-16-2014, 04:44 AM
@wdphan94

The official 0.9.8 release is outdated. Use the latest dev build for the game here:-

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the fast feedback! It worked wonders
06-16-2014, 07:49 AM
All right, reporting back after I made it to chapter 2 and have spent some time running around the academy. I did experience crashes in 2 different places during my chapter 1 re-do with MT but that's a big difference from the 10+ different crashes I was experiencing before that. To get past the two places I was crashing I also disabled Simulate Block Transfer, Software skinning and Vertex cache (in addition to having mipmapping and fast memory already disabled).
06-17-2014, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 05:33 AM by nero12.)
Just wanted to know how to fix invisible characters bug in ppsspp for android.
the Game is working perfectly on my pc but none of the characters during normal gameplay appear..only their shadows..
06-17-2014, 05:56 AM
any android user having an issue with the virtual controller using from build 0.9.8-1212 to the latest build? when i try to charge a magic like meteor and i try to move my character, the analog stick is stuck
06-17-2014, 09:44 AM
(06-17-2014 05:56 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  any android user having an issue with the virtual controller using from build 0.9.8-1212 to the latest build? when i try to charge a magic like meteor and i try to move my character, the analog stick is stuck

Me too Huh
06-17-2014, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 01:46 PM by Crimsonchaos01.)
The game looks/runs great on 0.9.8-1210:

No speed issues, only a few very minor graphics glitches like in the Chocobo stable. Not experiencing any audio issues either.

Also, this game has anti-cheat coding, so if you use CWcheats or Cheatengine, you need to enable them while on the save screen, then save, then disable the cheats, then reload the game with the cheats/money/items, etc. Because if you don't you'll get an error that says something like (CHT15XX) whenever you try to go to the save screen, or go to the title screen with cheats enabled. And that is how you bypass the anti-cheat in this game. I used cheats to get some of the bonus items that would otherwise be impossible to get playing on an emulator, of which there are quite a few.

If you're looking for a guide for this game, there is a google spreadsheet with lots of information about items, quests, etc. Use it as reference if you don't wanna miss anything good.

I couldn't find a code for Type-0 for individual items like Mog's Amulets, so I used CWcheats all accessories codes, and searched for the value for mog's amulet using cheat engine. I did this by using sort in the inventory to move the items around and search for item quantity values for the slots, and then used a similar memory range in the search using cheat engine to find the item IDs. Etc, first 4 digits of the item quantity #s + 0000 to FFFF in the memory range. The item ID in cheat engine for Mog's Amulet is 213.

[Image: typ0hall.jpg]
06-17-2014, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 04:55 PM by Crimsonchaos01.)
I came up with a Cheat engine table (unsure if this will work across different versions of PPSSPP) but I'll post it anyway:

http://www.filedropper.com/finalfantasytype-0

This is in case you don't want 50 of each weapon, and/or just want to add some Mog's Amulets.

Also, this game has anti-cheat coding, so if you use CWcheats or Cheatengine, you need to enable them while on the save screen, then save, then disable the cheats, then reload the game with the cheats/money/items, etc. Because if you don't you'll get an error that says something like (CHT15XX) whenever you try to go to the save screen, or go to the title screen with cheats enabled. And that is how you bypass the anti-cheat in this game.

Accessories (for item ID slot 1 accessory):

Mog's Amulet - 213

Weapons Item ID values for Cheat engine table (to use with weapon item ID):

The first value in the range is the starting weapon, the last is usually the ultimate weapon. If you want a middle tier weapon, try one of the middle values. I listed the more notable weapon values.

Cards (Ace) ID range 0-15

Magician's Cards (All Mag+20) - 12
Hanafuda (2x exp) - 13
Final Trump (Ultimate weapon adds death) - 15

Flute (Deuce) ID range 16-31

Angelic Flute (2x exp) - 29
God Horn (Ultimate weapon +60 all mag) - 31

Bow (Trey) ID range 32-47

Blessed Bow (2x exp) - 45
Yoichi Bow (ultimate weapon) - 47

Magic Pistol (Cater) ID range 48-63

Tanegashima (2x exp) - 61
Type-0 Magic Gun (Ultimate weapon) - 63

Mace (Cinque) ID range 64-79

Giant Mallet (2x exp) - 77
Mjolnir (Ultimate weapon) - 79

Scythe (Sice) ID range 80-95

Tinkerbell (2x exp) - 93
Tezcatlipoca (Ultimate weapon) - 95

Whip (Seven) ID range 96-111

Reginleif (2x exp) 109
Brynhildr (Ultimate weapon) - 111

Fists (Eight) ID range 112-127

Gold Fingers (2x exp) - 125
Demon Fist (Ultimate weapon) - 127

Lance (Nine) ID range 128-143

Highwind (2x exp) - 141
Longinus (Ultimate weapon) - 143

Katana (Jack) ID range 144-159

Bushido Blade (2x exp) - 157
Genji Blade (75 att) - 159
Yoshiyuki (68 att & HP+30% best weapon) - 158

Longsword (Queen) ID range 160-175

Save the Queen (2x exp) - 173
Astral Sword (Ultimate weapon) - 175

Pistols (King) ID range 176-191

Peacemakers (2x exp) - 189
Valkyries (+60 att, adds death, best weapon) - 190
Quicksilvers(64 att) - 191

Rapier (Machima) ID range 192-207

Durandal (2x exp) - 205
Excalibur (Ultimate weapon) - 207

Dagger (Rem) ID range 208-223

Assassin's Dagger (adds death 59 att, best weapon)- 222
Orichalcum (63 att)- 223
Zorlin Shape (2x exp) - 221
06-17-2014, 05:00 PM
The latest build does fix the HEAVY stuttering I was experiencing during some sequences (like it was loading the game while it still played), but now I've ran into a different kind of problem: the image has green, blurry lines in front of Qtor in an early cutscene. (couldn't add the screenshot as an attachment here for the life of me, always gives an error message.)

Also, in most cutscenes the very first line spoken by any character in that particular scene seems to stutter the audio a bit. But only the very first line. Weird.
06-17-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 08:06 PM by ryugasen.)
Hi, I have been playing this game, merged ISO with translation patch on windows 7. It has been running nearly perfectly (high quality, full speed always) except for one major problem. I am unable to save in-game except from the [Relic]s. Whenever I get the prompt at the end of a mission or chapter to save, if I choose "Okay" it crashes the emulator (sometimes it even crashes the whole pc)! I do not encounter this problem when saving at a [Relic]. Initially I thought it is not crucial, especially since I still have save-states as well, but at the end of chapter 7 you MUST save ingame and reload so that the game moves to the second disc and I cannot do that, so I cannot continue. Any suggestions?

Edit: I tried downloading the latest build from the orphis website, but it didn't solve the problem.