Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Games On BOOTCAMP Problem
03-31-2015, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2015 02:17 PM by richard14110.)
Games On BOOTCAMP Problem
After I load a .iso file from the BOOTCAMP partition with the Macintosh version of PPSSPP, PPSSPP crashes. My Mac is able to read the files on that NTFS partition because I have already installed NTFS-3G and OSXFUSE.

Please program the Macintosh PPSSPP to properly load game files that are stored on a NTFS partition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Games On BOOTCAMP Problem
(03-31-2015 01:08 AM)richard14110 Wrote:  After I load a .iso file from the BOOTCAMP partition with the Macintosh version of PPSSPP, PPSSPP crashes. My Mac is able to read the files on that NTFS partition because I have already installed NTFS-3G and OSXFUSE.

Please program the Macintosh PPSSPP to properly load game files that are stored on a NTFS partition.

Hello, I also have Bootcamp running on my Mac. The problem you are describing is something that is only happening to you, as I have done this before in OS X, and it has worked perfectly fine.. If I were you, I would check the PPSSPP settings, or try the same ISO on a flash drive or something.
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 04:41 PM by richard14110.)
Even with the default options, the Mac edition of PPSSPP still crashes after it attempts to load a .iso file from the BOOTCAMP partition. If I load a game file from the BOOTCAMP partition with the Windows version of PPSSPP, it works.

What type of Macintosh OS X do you use? My Mac operating system is Yosemite.

Could you try to update to Yosemite if your system is Mavericks or earlier and then see if the Macintosh PPSSPP loads a .iso file from the BOOTCAMP partition without any flaws?
04-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I have Mountain Lion, I have had Yosemite in the past, and it is very resource intensive.

I could upgrade to Yosemite and give it a try, but I would like to make sure you have tried everything else first.

Did you reset PPSSPP to default settings?

Have you re-downloaded PPSSPP on to your OS X partition?
04-10-2015, 06:10 PM
So far, your suggestions have failed. When you have time, please report whether the Mac PPSSPP handles game files on the BOOTCAMP partition without any errors after you upgrade to the newer operating system.
04-10-2015, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 11:06 PM by Anubis2048.)
Sorry to hear that. Before I upgrade, I will try to run PPSSPP and load ISO's from the bootcamp partition... What version of PPSSPP are you running? That will help me with the testing.

*edit*
Never mind about not upgrading, apparently Apple only supports Yosemite to run freaking xcode. -.- I'm updating now, I will post test results after I update and install xcode.
04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
As of this moment, I use PPSSPP v1.0-12-ga370475.
04-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Thanks, I will make sure to use that version when I test it.