Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GameCube emu perspectives?
11-10-2012, 10:42 PM
GameCube emu perspectives?
It would be great to know Henrik opinion about possibility of porting dolphin emu to current specs android devices, I know it's hard work, gl to gles libraries, but technically will it be enough to have quadcore s4pro/2gbRAM/adreno320 to get playable experience?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 07:42 AM
RE: GameCube emu perspectives?
(11-10-2012 10:42 PM)zxcvbad Wrote:  It would be great to know Henrik opinion about possibility of porting dolphin emu to current specs android devices, I know it's hard work, gl to gles libraries, but technically will it be enough to have quadcore s4pro/2gbRAM/adreno320 to get playable experience?

I think the specks are way too low for current end android devices. The only laptop I've ever seen dolphin run playable on was the ASUS G75VW.
11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
(11-11-2012 07:42 AM)kouta-kun Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 10:42 PM)zxcvbad Wrote:  It would be great to know Henrik opinion about possibility of porting dolphin emu to current specs android devices, I know it's hard work, gl to gles libraries, but technically will it be enough to have quadcore s4pro/2gbRAM/adreno320 to get playable experience?

I think the specks are way too low for current end android devices. The only laptop I've ever seen dolphin run playable on was the ASUS G75VW.

It depends on the game of course, but generally speaking it runs pretty good on an Asus n55sf with a core i7 turo-cored (consistently) to 2,8 ghz.

The point here is that even the latest and greatest phones comes nowhere near the performance of an Core i7 at 2,8 ghz.
11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Just a matter of a year or two until it becomes doable on the latest mobile devices, I'd guess.
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
I hope you will be behind this project in the future.

I also think that maybe in two years would be posible but I'm not sure how long it'll take to develop this emulator.

Now it seems possible a smooth dreamcast emulation (Waiting for it publication) for a dual core processor like tegra2 or processor with mali.
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
(11-12-2012 11:59 PM)Arcangel Wrote:  Now it seems possible a smooth dreamcast emulation (Waiting for it publication) for a dual core processor like tegra2 or processor with mali.

There is one coming, PsyMan and drkIIRaziel need to fix "remaining issues and such."

Sonic Adventure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBbqo9AXjU8

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzzTFLv8zv8