Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller Issues
03-19-2015, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 03:57 AM by Chronograph.)
Bug Controller Issues
I have encountered a very strange issue with my controller today.

Yesterday I was playing 3rd birthday and MHP3rd and then turned off my computer for the night. Today when I went to play the Emulator again it just wouldn't work! I use a X_Input based controller and have uninstalled drivers and reinstalled, Went into Control Panel and set the controller to the proffered Input, and restarted countless amount of times.

I have checked both with a HTML5 tester and the control panel properties and confirmed that my computer is detecting input from the controller. But the game(s) themselves are not detecting it. This isn't just and issue with PPSSPP; a small amount other games have suddenly stopped detecting it aswell but past those any other game works perfectly. I've even tried x360ce to no avail.

If there is anyone who has had this issue or knows the solution I'd really appreciate the help.

Update: I have discovered that its only happens to the PPSSPP emulator. It just does not seem to read any of my inputs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Controller Issues
Bump because this issue is getting frustrating to solve, Does anyone know whats wrong? The Application just flat out will not recognize the input of my controller, yet my computer does.
03-21-2015, 08:25 PM
Information RE: Controller Issues
(03-21-2015 05:45 PM)Chronograph Wrote:  Bump because this issue is getting frustrating to solve, Does anyone know whats wrong? The Application just flat out will not recognize the input of my controller, yet my computer does.
Hi there,

Sorry to hear your frustration, on this issue, let's try and resolve it somehow.

First up which version of PPSSPP are you using? Make sure you are using latest version of PPSSPP at time of writing this is v1.0.1-195-g87f31d0
Next up start up the emulator, select Settings / Controls / at the top click on Control mappings, on the following screen, you try Restoring the defaults, then see if that helped with your controller, obviously make sure the controller is connected, before starting up the emulator by the way.
Did that help? If not try clicking on Test Analogs to see if that is indeed responding to movement.
If none of this helps, but Analogs are responding to movement, it may just be a case of entering each key / analog axises in manually.
To do so, click on the big plus sign at the end of each line, the emulator will wait until you press some direction on your controller analogs or any key pressed.
Do that to each selection until you are satisfied, with them all.
At bottom left, click on Back, Back again, then exit emulator to store keys just entered, restart emulator should now work on all keys / analogs now.

Hope that helped.Cool