Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you recommend me settings for S4 i9505
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Can you recommend me settings for S4 i9505
I'm just new with ppsspp and i would like to ser my galaxy s4 in the best way...

Can you suggest me some trick ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2015, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 06:30 PM by [Unknown].)
RE: Can you recommend me settings for S4 i9505
The default settings should be fairly good for most modern devices. There are some speedhacks and tricks that improve performance for certain games, but they can also cause glitches.

For example, you can disable the game's ability to use buffers for effects by selecting "non-buffered rendering" under "Rendering mode". This will make most games faster, but sometimes videos won't show up, special effects won't render, or the screen may be too dark. In general, the default settings are meant to give you a good experience across all games, balancing quality and performance.

The S4 is a 1.9 Ghz device with an Adreno 320. As phones go, this is pretty good, and with reasonable settings (e.g. not 4x render resolution or etc.) you should get good performance in most games. Some games, like God of War, will not run well on any mobile device - and even present a challenge for weaker desktops.

For better graphics quality, you can try increasing the render resolution, e.g. to 3x PSP. I wouldn't go higher than that on your device, I think, and some games will run better with 2x PSP.

What games are you trying to play?

-[Unknown]
03-13-2015, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 06:40 PM by fivefeet8.)
You'll need to use Frameskipping for most games. I use to have the Galaxy S4(adreno) and most games required to be run at 2xResolution or lower with frameskip. There were a few games that ran fullspeed, but those are not the norm for this SOC.
03-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Really? I would expect better, but it really depends on which games you're trying to play.

-[Unknown]
03-14-2015, 03:46 AM
WTF this emulator is not really good cause Samsung S4 is at least 30 times more powerfull than original psp probably because is not well designed for android isn't it?
03-14-2015, 04:49 AM
Dude, ppsspp is a emulator, it's emulate stuff. That's why it's slower

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
03-14-2015, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2015 04:50 AM by [Unknown].)
The PSP was not running 2x render resolution. It only had 1x. Even the Vita running PSP games runs at 1x, as far as I understand.

In any case, as far as Mhz goes, the S4 is more like 6x rather than 30x, and isn't really a specialized gaming device like the PSP is. Nevertheless, I still expected it to run well (at least, what I consider well) based on my experience with my Nexus 5 (better than an S4) and Galaxy S3 (worse than an S4.) It's unfortunate if it's not able to get full speed at 2x.

Anyway, you're free not to like it. You can try the other PSP emulators that are out there.

-[Unknown]
03-14-2015, 07:16 AM
I'm mad cause i love to play FPS with Virtual Reality HMD Visor a sort of a really High end cardboard...

Unluckily there are no any serious game support cardboard just 3 minutues disgusting demo...
I'm praying for Gta cardboard support should be faboulus with the original android game to play...
The only choice i have right now is ppsspp wich support cardboard side by side mode and is still really nice to play but i find out is not 2x 3x 4x that change to much the gameplay the first minutes i start a session the game is pretty fluid let's say enjoyable but after 5-10 minutes don't know why start to lag like crazy and i don't understand why?
I hope this emulator would be better in the future
03-14-2015, 08:34 AM
Anyway, you're free not to like it. You can try the other PSP emulators that are out there.
Big GrinBig Grin
03-15-2015, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 07:18 PM by fivefeet8.)
(03-13-2015 10:41 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Really? I would expect better, but it really depends on which games you're trying to play.

-[Unknown]

I'd agree it depends on the games you play as well. Here are my performance tests with my HTC One (M8) which has an Adreno 330 GPU. I also had to enable High Performance CPU Mode on my M8 within the hidden developer menu for the phone(off by default). Without it enabled the performance is worse than shown here.

Settings are 2xRendering and Match Display to rendering(2x), Lazy Texture Cache. Everything else default no Shader filters.

Full speed no frameskip
Final Fantasy 7 - Crisis Core
Final Fantasy 4 - After Years
Final Fantasy 3
Star Ocean - First Departure
Star Ocean - Second Evolution
Half Minute Hero

Requires Auto Frameskip at 1 or 2
Ultimate Ghost and Goblins
Tekken 5
Final Fantasy - Type0
Tekken 6
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD
Wipeout Pure
Metal Gear Peace Walker
Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Tactics Ogre -Let Us Cling Together
Parasite Eve - Third Birthday
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Castlevania - Dracula X Chronicles
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Ace Combat Joint Assualt

GTA - China Town Wars runs fullspeed without frameskip, but a rendering bug requires the game to be run at 1x Resolution or the dialog scenes don't render. This doesn't happen on my Shield Tablet.
03-15-2015, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015 06:46 PM by brujo55.)
(03-14-2015 07:16 AM)eddykoodoo Wrote:  I'm mad cause i love to play FPS with Virtual Reality HMD Visor a sort of a really High end cardboard...

Unluckily there are no any serious game support cardboard just 3 minutues disgusting demo...
I'm praying for Gta cardboard support should be faboulus with the original android game to play...
The only choice i have right now is ppsspp wich support cardboard side by side mode and is still really nice to play but i find out is not 2x 3x 4x that change to much the gameplay the first minutes i start a session the game is pretty fluid let's say enjoyable but after 5-10 minutes don't know why start to lag like crazy and i don't understand why?

that is caused for the CPU thermal throttlin on your phone (change your stock rom for CM,better for gaming)

for that razon i loved my iphone 5S, always use 3x render and never use frameskip.
03-15-2015, 09:23 PM
(03-15-2015 06:40 PM)brujo55 Wrote:  
(03-14-2015 07:16 AM)eddykoodoo Wrote:  I'm mad cause i love to play FPS with Virtual Reality HMD Visor a sort of a really High end cardboard...

that is caused for the CPU thermal throttlin on your phone (change your stock rom for CM,better for gaming)

for that razon i loved my iphone 5S, always use 3x render and never use frameskip.

Don't think so because i played other heavy but really havy high def games and never happen it is just a problem with ppsspp and if i reload the game again after 3 sec the problem disappear...