Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Screen turning black every particle that appears
03-12-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Screen turning black every particle that appears
(03-12-2015 06:35 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  "Non-buffered rendering" is, in other words, "Ignore when the game tries to use buffers for effects." It prevents effects from being applied and renders faster (because there's no buffers - no copying things around), but well, it prevents effects from being applied.

The brightness you're talking about is caused by bloom. Without going into detail about how bloom works, it's an effect games intentionally apply to make things look better - and it works great. However, most PSP games (as shocking as this may be) were designed only for the resolution of the PSP device - and so when they do effects like bloom, they do them in ways that don't always work at resolutions the PSP was not capable of (that is, any resolution except 1x.) So basically, the PSP game you are playing was designed to have "graphics from Nintendo".

There's a hack in the settings that tries to detect bloom, specifically, and prevent this problem. Unfortunately, it's not always possible to detect it correctly in all games. I think the setting is called "Lower resolution for effects (reduces artifacts)". It may also cause some other parts of the game to reduce in quality (since sometimes it thinks other effects are bloom when they are not.)

-[Unknown]

Yeah i already tried that option it doesn't help at all
Funny thing i found is that this "too bright screen" was actually on one map but on other it seems to be fine
So i guess the problem was the map not the settings
Another problem i've stumbled across is some maps aren't rendering AT ALL
literally i can't see the screen, its either completely black with no buffering or completely white with buffering
its completely black because the particles are constantly appearing
and completely white have no idea why
so far i've managed to make those lvl's blindly as i already have beaten the game on my psp like 20 times
but just wondering if there is anyway to help those lvls ?

aswell this reducing artifacts was grey before i wanted to try it out, now it appeared to be available from nowhere for non buffer render
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen turning black every particle that appears - helpme - 03-12-2015 06:59 PM