Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP V 1.0 Multiplayer broken ?
03-02-2015, 06:01 PM
PPSSPP V 1.0 Multiplayer broken ?
Hello again community.

Well there are many threads regarding my problem but just to bring more light into this problem i think that this problem appeared right after updating PPSSPP to version 1.0.
Trying to play MHF with brother, everything is setup properly, we can connect to same lobby but cant see each other ( yep i m sure i got everything set properly cuz i made it working already without problems with 0.9.8 version ) but after updating to 1.0 i cant get it working anymore. seriously i m hopeless what more i can do about it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: PPSSPP V 1.0 Multiplayer broken ?
Start Adhocserver.exe, dont use the adhoc function of ppsspp.
make sure the ports are open. also make sure that you dont have the same MAC adress.
maybe post screenshots of the network options you set for both ppsspp

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
03-02-2015, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015 10:07 PM by HyperByter.)
We are trying to play via lan so no need to open ports on router, firewall allows connections of both emulators ( yep we can connect already ) but cant see each other.
Host PC has static IP of 192.168.1.2 with running stand-alone adhoc server like u suggested.
Brothers PC contains config with same values but with different nickname and mac address ends with 02.
Any more ideas ?

[Network]
EnableWlan = True
EnableAdhocServer = False
[SystemParam]
PSPModel = 1
PSPFirmwareVersion = 150
NickName = HyperByter
proAdhocServer = 192.168.1.2
MacAddress = 00:00:00:00:00:01
Language = 1
TimeFormat = 2
DateFormat = 3
TimeZone = 0
DayLightSavings = True
ButtonPreference = 1
LockParentalLevel = 0
WlanAdhocChannel = 0
BypassOSKWithKeyboard = False
WlanPowerSave = False
EncryptSave = True
03-02-2015, 11:27 PM
what version exactly are you using of ppsspp? i personaly tested 1.0-145 and 1.0-41 with monsterhunter 3rd HD and it worked fine.
also ofcourse you would have to change the proAdhocServer IP on you brothers PC to the IP of your pc, which is running the server

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
03-03-2015, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 11:34 AM by HyperByter.)
How do i find exact version number ? because it only says "1.0". In file properties it says "1.0.0.0". And yes brother's emulator contains IP of hosting PC (192.168.1.2)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-03-2015, 11:31 AM
you have to click on "new reply" and then on "new attachement" after its uploaded click on "insert into post" or message me the link

03-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Problem solved..
After i found "logging" option at developer menu , i discovered that PPSSPP couldnt bind on port 10000 during adhoc usage (that port is not mentioned anywhere in manual or forums or anywhere else), and i found that it was already in use by my software VOiP phone. After closing it, all worked like a charm ( yep once again ).
03-12-2015, 05:47 PM
(03-12-2015 05:42 PM)HyperByter Wrote:  PPSSPP couldnt bind on port 10000 during adhoc usage (that port is not mentioned anywhere in manual or forums or anywhere else)

Because it's not PPSSPP chosing that port but the game and PPSSPP just uses the ports the game requests directly without doing any encapsulation or remapping (because that's the easiest thing to do and allows for a degree of interoperability with real PSPs).