Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One PC - 2 players online help
02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
One PC - 2 players online help
Note: although I use MHp3 as my example im sure this could be used with other games, hence its own thread.

ISSUE

After following onelights tutorial thread I have got 2 versions of MHp3 to connect on one pc, however when I start a hunt the connection drops.

Messed around with ppssppadhoc/server/origonal and the settings of each and have not found a way to get it to work. tried a few other things like going through hamatchi to no avail.

Playing online through coldbird.net on a single client worked though.
with two clients the second client would never connect. I expect this is because they are both running through the same IP even with a different mac adress.

FIX
So here is what I am trying to do and require help with.
I wanna run 2 versions of ppsspp each connected to the internet through its own IP adress.
I have set up my computer to have 2 IP adresses.
I have 2 seperate client folders each with its own set of files.

I need to know the location of the file/code that tells ppsspp which IP adress to use (if there is one)

Of course if anyone else has tried this please let me know. My networking isnt great so this is abit of a shot in the dark. If you know more than me and know this wont work please tell me.

If I can get this to work then im sure it will work with other games, in addition there then is a way to have 2 players on 1 pc play with those online. Lastly I will create an instructional video if successful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: One PC - 2 players online help
see this topic http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=14313
02-27-2015, 03:42 PM
I have seen that topic. So have a few others and they keep encountering the same issue as I have.

Also the goal of that topic and the goal of mine differ.
Onelights thread aims to connect 2 clients on 1 machine together
My thread aims to connect 2 clients on 1 machine to coldbird.net
02-27-2015, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 03:51 PM by Bigpet.)
Which you can do with that modification, it does exactly what you said, bind a specific IP address to the client

If it doesn't work for you, you can try to add these modifications: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/...f6e630R262 to the other instances of "bind" in the file
02-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Hmm 2 seperate clients connecting with 2 different IP's still results in a connection error on the second client.
Just trying to diagnose where the issue lays.

Will test if 2 pc's connected to 1 rounter has the same issue.
If it still happens ill try to set up 2 DNS adresses on my router.
02-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Do you actually have two public IP adresses?
02-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Setup my pc to have 2 IP addresses through Network connections/internet protocol. Though I understand thats not what you mean.

Do not have 2 public IP addresses. However thats one of the next steps in the diagnosis. Most likely through VPN's.

Im trying the find the point where I can split the connection on make my 1 pc to make it look like 2. (if thats possible of course)

In the end I dont see why my computer cant send PDU's down route A or route B. Its just a matter of finding out how much I have to split the single route between my pc and the internet into 2 routes.

You will have to excuse me if Im mistaken on things im still new to alot of networking. In addition I am starting to realise this is less and less about ppsspp.
02-27-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 09:41 AM by onelight.)
coldbird.net or other pro online server not support 2 client have same public IP addresses
edit: if you want start hunting, try ppsspp-adhoclocal with ppsspp-nonadhoclocal.
03-03-2015, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 10:53 AM by xCrashdayx.)
Quote:if you want start hunting, try ppsspp-adhoclocal with ppsspp-nonadhoclocal.
that also doesnt work. i tried that many times

Quote:Im trying the find the point where I can split the connection on make my 1 pc to make it look like 2. (if thats possible of course)
i thought your idea was brilliant. but apperently this also doesnt work
i setup both ppsspp to connect to coldbird.
but one used my ip and the other one was setup to use a proxy server (via proxifier)
so i thought they would appear as two seperate ppsspp
i was able to connect to coldbird with both of them. but only one ppsspp1 could see the other ppsspp2 and not vise versa. so they were not able to connect to each other.
i tried tekken6 and MonsterHunter 3rd HD

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
03-05-2015, 10:02 AM
One PC - 2 players local is working

03-05-2015, 11:52 AM
(03-05-2015 10:02 AM)onelight Wrote:  One PC - 2 players local is working

I think he clarified plenty of times that he wants "one PC - 2 players connected to an external adhoc server like coldbird"
03-05-2015, 02:44 PM
(03-05-2015 11:52 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  

I think he clarified plenty of times that he wants "one PC - 2 players connected to an external adhoc server like coldbird"

but coldbird don't support 2 players on one PC.
03-05-2015, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 03:06 PM by Bigpet.)
It does if both bind to a different public IP address.

Coldbird doesn't see "different machines" it sees "different IPs", which is most of the time the same thing, doesn't have to be though
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
could you upload your ppsspp version of adhoclocal?

Join the EVOLVE PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer Party ! My Evolve ID: Crashday | Group ID: PPSSPP Ad-Hoc Multiplayer | If you want me to test a Game for AdHoc Multiplayer or need help with it feel free to message me
03-06-2015, 12:43 PM
@onelight
Yeah i want that version of ppsspp adhoclocal