Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why the ppsspp will runs more fluently after turn off the“buffered rendering”?
03-10-2013, 01:58 PM
why the ppsspp will runs more fluently after turn off the“buffered rendering”?
my cpu is qualcomm msm8260 1.5G , after turned off the “buffered rendering” ,almost all games can runs at 60fps
however,when turn on the “buffered rendering”, it runs very slowly.
average 20fps after turn on the“buffered rendering”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: why the ppsspp will runs more fluently after turn off the“buffered rendering”?
the picture is poorer on unbuffered that's why its fasterSmile it similar to screen filtering on fpse if you used it.
03-10-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: why the ppsspp will runs more fluently after turn off the“buffered rendering”?
Not really, buffered rendering does things more like the real PSP where it can have multiple framebuffers and use them as textures. This is required for many effects like glows and reflections and stuff.

Turning all that off does indeed improve the framerate, but can cause various of issues in games.
03-10-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:30 PM by stodag.)
Turn buffered on and its a better picture quality so harder to render also taking up more resourses so it slows the emulator down. Smile

OK henrik you docked my bonfire Smile

it shows I have no idea what I'm talk in about.
03-11-2013, 01:42 AM
yep I thought it was to do with picture quality as when you enable the quality changes so that's where I got that idea lol
03-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Final Fantasy Type-0 though is the only game that looks better with Buffered Rendering Off. The emulator is unable to render those framebuffer effects causing annoying visual bugs, such as the bonestructure shadow, and the looping mirror of the image you are looking at. I always leave that off when I play that game.
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Naruto games looked worst with buffered rendering also fps drops i think.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Rom: Stock, non rooted.
03-17-2013, 06:23 PM
There is also the case of games like Dragoneer's Aria, it's dependent of it. If it's off, the games is almost entirely black screen...