The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
02-25-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 07:48 AM by xfxradeon.)
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server
Hey everyone! This is my first post and have been seeing a lot of people trying to get their adhoc mode working. I do own my own server that runs 24/7, and was curious to try running the newly released version of the Ad Hoc server for windows and thought I would give it a spin.

So my buddy and I have PSP (Phantasy star Portable) on our ppsspp, and since we live 5 houses apart, thought we could try this out.

So far we can get the server to connect us together but one of us get's disconnected when we reach the room screen and the other player just gets a blank grey screen in the game. We think this might be just a bug since the networking feature does state "beta, may break games".

But I am leaving this open to to the public who wishes to use this server to try and connect with their friends using other titles other than what we've tested with. Just to see if this is an issue on the server side or just the game itself.

To connect we used the latest version of PPSSPP which is 1.0 for windows, and below is a screenshot of how it was setup to connect to the server.

The basic setup.
Make sure you enable networking on ppsspp.
Set the ad hoc server IP to: livepsp.net or 24.210.18.72 (There is no need to put a port number as we discovered, this wont work at all with it.)
Edit: Leave the built in PRO ad hoc server off.

That's pretty much it.

Just some notes about the server is that I did notice that once you connect to the server. The server will identify what title you are playing, then if you go to create a new game in multiplayer it will see that you started a new group of that title. It did see multiple groups at once when we we're messing around with it, so it's a possible chance it will do the same for many titles at once.

I am currently building a service support page which you can check out over at liveoriginal.servegame.com and see all the other titles that I am currently hosting off the same server. I will soon add PPSSPP service support once I know that this is 100% working, and some other stuff as well.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would like to help please feel free to leave me a PM!

Thanks everyone! Cool

Connect to me:
http://liveoriginal.org/ - Personal Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Testing new Online Ad-Hoc server - xfxradeon - 02-25-2015 04:01 PM