Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change save folder location in Android
02-18-2015, 02:43 AM
Change save folder location in Android
I'm trying to play a game that requires to be installed in order to play it, but since I own a Xperia M I don't have too much internal memory. I have a 32GB MicroSD, problem is that this device doesn't allow to install nor transfer apps to MicroSD.

Is there any way to change the save folder path in Android?

Sorry for my english.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Change save folder location in Android
The most you can do is transfer some of the app data to the external SD Card through your Android App settings.
02-18-2015, 10:26 PM
(02-18-2015 02:27 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  The most you can do is transfer some of the app data to the external SD Card through your Android App settings.

I can't do that either. I was expecting that PPSSPP would let me change the save folder path through a config file or something like that, but I guess I'm stuck with the device internal memory.

The only way I found that could work is if I root my device, then I can move apps to SD card, but I've never done something like that, and I don't want to lose the warranty just yet.

Thank you anyway.
02-19-2015, 05:04 AM
I don't think there's a way to do it right now. But, the save files for PSP games are generally pretty small. Savestates are larger, though.

I mean, obviously you have the games themselves on your external storage right? That's where all the space is.

I have a lot of test data from all my games which I've tested (about 300 saves), and it's just 250 MB (most are small but there's some install data in there somewhere...) I also have a lot of test savestates, 146 to be precise, and that's about 1.7 GB. But, I think most people will create a fraction of that many savestates.

Or is this for games in the PSP/GAME/ folder?

-[Unknown]
02-19-2015, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2015 03:44 PM by firetomicbomb.)
(02-19-2015 05:04 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I don't think there's a way to do it right now. But, the save files for PSP games are generally pretty small. Savestates are larger, though.

I mean, obviously you have the games themselves on your external storage right? That's where all the space is.

I have a lot of test data from all my games which I've tested (about 300 saves), and it's just 250 MB (most are small but there's some install data in there somewhere...) I also have a lot of test savestates, 146 to be precise, and that's about 1.7 GB. But, I think most people will create a fraction of that many savestates.

Or is this for games in the PSP/GAME/ folder?

-[Unknown]

I'm trying to play Little Busters! CE that comes with two discs. It forces me to install data from Disc 1 (which is about 580mb~), then play it from Disc 2 (Rewrite and Grisaia no Kajitsu does this too). This data is saved in PSP/SAVEDATA, and I want to change it to my SD card because 600mb is something I can't afford with a Xperia M. I don't see any option to change SAVEDATA path in PPSSPP, and I don't want to root my device yet.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Very interested in a workaround for this as well Sad , tried to use the install.txt file but nothing changed , any other way? maybe by changing the ppsspp .ini ? just want to change as well the save state folder as well the save data...specially the save data
04-23-2015, 07:23 PM
That's what happen to me too, I am using samsung and have limited internal memory. ppsspp save states size are a bit large if I keep more than one for each game. Almost 200 mb and I kind of wish there will be a setting to set this up ^^
05-01-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd definitely really like this going forward. I too have a phone with little internal memory but with a large SD card, and having all my massive save states in the SD card would be very useful. I'm considering trying out making a symlink from the internal memory to the SD card as a workaround, though I haven't had much luck with that technique before in other apps, so I'm not hopeful. Ideally, PPSSPP for Android should have a setting where we can specify exactly where the main PSP folder should be stored.
08-18-2023, 04:21 AM
Hello guys
Take control of your Android experience by altering the save folder location. Personalize storage for convenience and organization, making your device work your way!
08-20-2023, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2023 08:20 AM by Clarar.)
Seeking solutions for a persistent issue. Attempting changes via the install.txt file proved ineffective.Free Fire name style