Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Converting Saves ppsspp to psx?
02-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Converting Saves ppsspp to psx?
Hi There

Is there a way I can convert my save file (not save state) to ps1 format so I can use it on retroarch (pcsx) ?

Basically I'm playing breath of fire 3 and the intermittent fps drops are really bothering me actually playing the game. PS1 emulator (pcsx) runs this at full fps however I have started to make progress on my psp version and really don't want to start over.

Is there a way to convert the save file to psx format?

My alternative was to find a save file close to where I am but to no avail
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 06:36 PM by fivefeet8.)
RE: Converting Saves ppsspp to psx?
The PSP and PSX are different systems. Your saves from a PSP game will not work on a PS1 game. You'll need to play the game over on the PS1 emulator using the PS1 port of the game or continue playing with your current PSP port.
11-29-2015, 07:19 PM
If you still need (or someone reads this conversation) convert PPSSPP (or other VMP file in SAVEDATA folder on your device) use this web app (also on your mobile phone where you have ppsspp and psx emu).

The output file will be a mcr file that can be used where you want.

A MCR file is a MemoryCard file where there are ALL savegames. So you have to copy/move savegames in bios mode.

https:// marchrius.org/ psp2pcsx/

The site is mine.
11-29-2015, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 06:27 AM by [Unknown].)
Marchrius, in this case Breath of Fire 3 was ported to PSP. It's drawn in widescreen and there are other differences.

I don't know if the save might happen to be stored in some similar format to the PS1's save, but I would guess it's probably stored differently.

PPSSPP is not a PS1 emulator. It is not able to play PS1 games, even the ones that have been packaged to play on the PSP. That's a job for a PS1 emulator.

-[Unknown]
11-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Yep, sorry. I made some mistake.

I'm convinced that the OP was talking about PSX games converted for playing on PSP. So, in this case my method works. But If the game was ported officially by the team It's a native PSP game.