Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Ouya and screen issues
02-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Ouya and screen issues
Hi there! I downloaded PPSSPP for the Ouya, and I was very excited to play some of my old favourites, but my TV screen seems to be cutting out the left side of the screen. Is there a way I can change the aspect ratio to letterbox it or something?

Thanks so much in advance,

Qmechan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2015, 08:29 PM
RE: Ouya and screen issues
Usually this can be done in your TV's settings. For example, mine has a (iirc) auto setting that just makes the picture fit.

You can also try playing with the Display resolution (HW scaler) option.

We do have an option to maintain the aspect ratio, which is when you don't check "Stretch to display". It sounds like your problem is different, though, and your TV is cutting off some of the pixels or stretching the picture oddly.

-[Unknown]
02-16-2015, 11:00 PM
(02-16-2015 08:29 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Usually this can be done in your TV's settings. For example, mine has a (iirc) auto setting that just makes the picture fit.

You can also try playing with the Display resolution (HW scaler) option.

We do have an option to maintain the aspect ratio, which is when you don't check "Stretch to display". It sounds like your problem is different, though, and your TV is cutting off some of the pixels or stretching the picture oddly.

-[Unknown]

Ooh! How do I enable the HW scaler stuff?

Thanks for the quick reply!
02-17-2015, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 12:43 AM by [Unknown].)
Using 1.0, just go into settings. It's not that far down, you can select native device resolution, auto (same as render resolution), 1x PSP, 2x PSP, etc.

I think this option was not present in v0.9.9.1.

-[Unknown]
02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Try to put your TV in "Game Mode" if possible, and remove any "Overscan" or similar in the TV settings, maybe it's called Display Size or something.

We should add overscan compensation to PPSSPP at some point too...