Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Android adhoc compatibility
08-03-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Android adhoc compatibility
DBZ Tenkaichi tag team is also! working! multiplayer android to android using WiFi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2020, 10:56 AM
So is this dead?
Here are some games that worked ad-hoc on our android:

Kenka Bancho 3: Badass Rumble
Brotherhood of the blade (set port offset to 8000)
Dungeon Siege: Throne of agony
Tekken 6
DBZ Tenkaichi Tag
Toukiden Kiwami
Toukiden
Need For Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0
Need For Speed Carbon
Midnight Club DUB edition
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 (Co-op/Competetive)
07-16-2020, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2020 03:14 AM by AdamN.)
(02-25-2015 12:12 PM)Ernestbone Wrote:  why wouldn't it work? but running apps as superuser user on linux allows it to listen to privileged ports

Because android doesn't allow APK to use ports < 1024, i thinks it's restricted to system app.

Hecks, i event tried installing PPSSPP as system and ended bricking my phone (system getting crashed way too often) and ended need to restore my backup rom through recovery mode Sad Not gonna try that ever again! LOL

Anyway, you can always use port offset for android, and with the new UPnP feature you can play over the internet with the same PPSSPP build using different port offset or even with real PSP or non-PPSSPP emulators (ie. JPCSP) which doesn't have port offset feature.
The new UPnP feature allows other players to see your PPSSPP as port offest = 0 over the internet while internally you still use port offset to by pass ports < 1024 restriction.

PS: You can download the PPSSPP builds on my signature below to try this new feature.

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-25-2020, 07:04 PM
(07-16-2020 03:06 AM)AdamN Wrote:  Anyway, you can always use port offset for android, and with the new UPnP feature you can play over the internet with the same PPSSPP build using different port offset or even with real PSP or non-PPSSPP emulators (ie. JPCSP) which doesn't have port offset feature.
The new UPnP feature allows other players to see your PPSSPP as port offest = 0 over the internet while internally you still use port offset to by pass ports < 1024 restriction.

Please ELI5? How do I port offset/UPnP?

Thanks in advance. I got your reference from a reddit user when I asked if I could play shin budokai 2 online on android.

I have downloaded your apk and finally not getting that wlan error popup on the game which I used to on the regular build.
Now I'm getting some red text popups saying:
Failed to bind port 23, please change port offset, failed to bind port 25, please change port offset