Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What mode Graphic is more better for this pc d3d9 or opengl?
02-07-2015, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2015 09:18 PM by navoletti.)
What mode Graphic is more better for this pc d3d9 or opengl?
well now with this new versión i am confused,i love play the game with nice quality my question with the new mode d3d9 is this mode is compatible with all options graphics example fxaa,psp x8,etc or the mode d3d9 is the same mode of default of pcsx2 called mode software?

this happen with my computer,i have opengl since the old versión psp x8,16 x AA,fxaa,xbr psp x5,etc but i need disable the vsync or the game have lag...

with the versión new of d3d9 i have the same configuration more the vsync enabled and the games work perfect but i see very few different graphic...is my imagination or this happen?i loose quality with d3d9?all shaders effect work with d3d9?

my computer is AMD phenom II x4 955 3.2 GHz,6 gb ram drr3,AMD 5770 vapor x,500 gb hard disk,windows 7 64 bits.

what configuration recomended opengl or d3d9 for have more quality?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: What mode Graphic is more better for this pc d3d9 or opengl?
For PPSSPP, OpenGL is better, it supports more than D3D9. I play with vsync off as well, although I have an NVIDIA gpu.

-[Unknown]
02-07-2015, 09:28 PM
(02-07-2015 09:21 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  For PPSSPP, OpenGL is better, it supports more than D3D9. I play with vsync off as well, although I have an NVIDIA gpu.

-[Unknown]

really?

ohh i happy after this new mode after see vsync work good with all configuration and no lag and now i see this...

thanks for the response and for now is very limited in this versión 1.0 the mode d3d9?not work with all shaders,option of antialiasing,etc or what happen?

the future mode with more superiority that opengl is d3d11?

they think in add?
02-07-2015, 09:49 PM
None of the post-processing shaders work in Direct3D mode.

Also, there's no plans of making a d3d11 backend last time I checked.
02-07-2015, 10:20 PM
(02-07-2015 09:49 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  None of the post-processing shaders work in Direct3D mode.

Also, there's no plans of making a d3d11 backend last time I checked.
oh thanks probably for this work good with vsync enabled in d3d9.

well the only option for play with nice quality is disable the v sync and use opengl.
02-08-2015, 01:19 AM
OpenGL supports everything we need, largely, so there's no motivation to implement a DirectX 11 backend. Someone may implement it at some point for speed reasons (although, it's definitely no sure thing which would be faster, so it would just be a very time-consuming experiment), or just for fun, or etc. but don't count on it happening soon.

DirectX 9 does not support everything we need, afaik, although it's close. The main reason we introduced DirectX 9 was for users who simply can't use OpenGL (especially on older PCs.) So in a way, it's basically "compatibility mode."

There are some games which are faster using DirectX 9, though most of the time OpenGL is better. There's also the benefit of external programs which only support DirectX (like 3D support and etc.) So we will probably continue to improve it.

But, if you can run both, most of the time OpenGL is the better call.

-[Unknown]