Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alpha blending issues on some platforms
02-09-2015, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:49 AM by memeka.)
RE: Alpha blending issues on some platforms
(02-09-2015 07:23 AM)Henrik Wrote:  That blending wouldn't work at all, not even in the menus, sounds really weird - we use standard OpenGL alpha blending and it works fine on my new Mali phone..

I doubt it's running linux in framebuffer Smile
In Android, even in Linux X11, things look good. These issues are only with Linux fbdev and SDL2.

I tried mupen64plus standalone and I am getting similar issues, although like I said before, with retroarch and libretro cores (ppsspp-libretro, mupen64plus-libretro) I don't get black instead of alpha.

Since mupen64plus is also using SDL2, it must be a SDL2 init thing. And since I am using the same context driver code as retroarch, it must be in some other part from SDL2 ...

It's strange that this issue does not happen when framebuffer is set on 16bpp, or with Odroid-U3. I will try getting an egl config that has 16bpp, maybe that will change something...

UPDATE: checking the egl_config that retroarch and sdl2 gets - it's the same! So what can SDL2 do extra after context initialisation that screws up alpha... ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpha blending issues on some platforms - memeka - 02-09-2015 07:46 AM