Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
joypad stop's working after update to 1.0 (linux version)
02-06-2015, 04:04 PM
joypad stop's working after update to 1.0 (linux version)
hi to all,
I'm using ppsspp on ubuntu 14.04 since some weeks, it worked perfectly with lot of games unitl the upgrade to version 1.0, just after the upgrade my joypad totally stops to work, it is still recoignized by ppsspp but no button is functioning, I tried to reconfigure it, I try to reinstall ppsspp but nothing changes. Of course the joypad works perfectly with other applications.
The joypad is a cheap Extreme Force shock pro model 04270; it is recoignized natively by linux kernel (no 3rd party drivers needed), it works perfcetly in native linux games and also through Wine.

is there any tip? I installed ppsspp through the ppa, is there a way to rollback to the older version? thank u in advice
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: joypad stop's working after update to 1.0 (linux version)
hi again,
I do so many tests and finally I found a good workaround by myself,
I remove the ppsspp qt version and installed ppsspp-sdl ; with this simple operation my joypad started again to work perfectly.
hope this will help someone who may have found the same problem. thx
02-09-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: joypad stop's working after update to 1.0 (linux version)
(02-07-2015 06:03 PM)gynodroghi Wrote:  hi again,
I do so many tests and finally I found a good workaround by myself,
I remove the ppsspp qt version and installed ppsspp-sdl ; with this simple operation my joypad started again to work perfectly.
hope this will help someone who may have found the same problem. thx

Thanks! Yes, I had the same problem with PPSSPP 1.0 and Ubuntu GNOME 14.10 (with PPSSPP 0.9.9.1 everything worked fine). Now I removed ppsspp-qt and installed ppsspp-sdl and it recognizes again my gamepad Smile

Well, I needed to reconfigure all buttons again, but that's a minor detail.