Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Working on PC, cannot find executable on Android
02-04-2015, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:14 PM by Blegh.)
Sad [SOLVED] Working on PC, cannot find executable on Android
Hey guys and girls.

So after a massive amount of ballache sorting it all out I've got my first two ISO's (first time trying to emulate on my phone so I can carry less stuff).
Patapon 2 and Disgaea.

I tested it on the PC version of PPSSPP and they work fine, excellent, I'm happy.

So I put them onto my SD card and slot it into my android phone (Sony Z2).. After a bit of a cuffuffle trying to find the files on my SD card, There must be like 3 SD folders even though only SD1 is a memory card wtf is with that?
Anyway I find the folder on my phone and in the folder are 2 grey boxes with ? on them for thumbnails.

When I click them it says "Could not load game. Could not find executable disc0/PSP_Game/SYSDIR/BOO".. then the screen cuts it off.
Wondering if I'd corrupted it transfering it or disconnecting the USB/Micro SD doodad, I removed the SD card transfered them back over to the PC and tested them again they worked fine...

Am I storing them in the wrong place? I just made a PPSSPP folder on my SD card.
Is there an issue that means PPSSPP can't read them off my SD card? From what I've read trying to find a fix this, it isn't the case.
Or is it just that the two games I've tried to convert just don't work with Android or something??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 09:40 AM by XpanD.)
RE: Working on PC, cannot find executable on Android
I'm not too experienced with the Android version of PPSSPP, but I know that since 4.4 (which the Z2 should come with) Android handles SD cards and their contents differently, as well as there being some potentially relevant access modes that might need to be switched to/from.

Have you tried copying the files to the internal storage, instead? That might be worth a shot, if you can get into there and have enough space.

PS. The path in that error of yours is probably supposed to be: disc0:/PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/BOOT.BIN
02-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I transferred Patapon2 over since it was only 500mb and I had 600 free after deleted a load of stuff.
Same issue, grey box with a question mark and the same error when I select it.

So it mustn't be an SD card thing unless its from transfering the file over onto it initially?
Does the android version have different compatability to the PC?
02-04-2015, 02:16 PM
That whole grey box with question mark thing doesn't seem quite right. It's been a good while, but I remember that only really happening on corrupted files (this was back in the early CFW/homebrew days). If it's doing that... Yeah, not sure what that's all about. Hoping somebody else will chime in with some more ideas.
02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Odd.. if I haven't heard anything by tomorrow I guess I'll just start again from scratch or see if I have any games that I know work on there for sure.

I've added some screenshots of the in-ppsspp veiw of the file and error on my internal memory and a shot of what the files look like in my file commander for referrence.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-05-2015, 07:38 AM
Update..

I went this morning to start from scratch so plug in my Micro SD to my computer and decide to test the files off the card using windows ppsspp. It had the same grey box that I see on my phone.
I took the file off the card onto my desktop and again the grey box with a ? so it, I moved the working version of the ISO onto the card and it causes the same problem again.

So the issue must be transfering it onto the card.. I'm guessing I need to do something other than copy and paste?
02-05-2015, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:18 PM by Blegh.)
RE: [SOLVED] Working on PC, cannot find executable on Android
So I've fixed it..

I found that if I created the ISO on the actual SD card where I wanted it, It would take a lot longer to do but it would work..
I then created one in a folder on my desktop and moved the whole folder across, avoiding moving the ISO directly, this one corrupted and corrupted the one that was already on there that tested fine before hand.
02-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you got a bad sd card. Try getting a new one, they're really cheap these days Smile
02-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Sorry meant to reply to this earlier, I recently borrowed a friends micro sd out and yeah mines just dodgy when it comes to using it in devices for some reason, my Z2 and 3DS don't like it but my friends 8gig worked fine, I've since got myself a nice cheap 8gig card that works perfectly.

TL/DR - Dodgy SD card, get a new one.