Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cardboard Option
01-31-2015, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2015 07:13 PM by r1c47.)
Cardboard Option
Does it actually work and show 3D or is it merely showing the same image twice?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Cardboard Option
It just shows the same image twice. It's meant to look like a screen in front of you, afaiu.

-[Unknown]
02-01-2015, 11:36 PM
It requires an eyepiece lens/holder made out of CARDBOARD, diy or complete (about 20$)
More information here GOOGLE Cardboard

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
02-03-2015, 03:45 AM
PPSSPP VR Cardboard
This is very awesome to see that PPSSPP support VR Cardboard. Tried it and work well, except that I do not have controller for my phone. Cannot control the game. Is there a plan to make it work on PC? In my case, I am thinking to mirror the PPSSPP PC screen to my phone screen to play it on VR Cardboard. So, I can control the game from my PC keyboard or game controller. Crazy idea. Big Grin

Subscribe to my [url=https://www.youtube.com/CygnosisAdventures]YouTube Channel[/url]
02-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Nice, so 3D effect Smile
02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: PPSSPP VR Cardboard
It's called Google Cardboard, so no it won't make it into a Windows PC unless Google allows it to. There are other alternatives on Windows though. I tried Cardboard on my HTC M8, but the performance was already lacking so it wasn't as good as it could be. One thing I notice is that the 3d effect is a bit limited though.
02-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-03-2015, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 06:17 PM by Blyss Sarania.)
FWIW with the new D3D9 backend you can get true SBS stereoscopic in PPSSPP using Iz3d driver. And you can use it with Google Cardboard and similar devices with a software called Trinus Gyre.

Trinus Gyre streams content from your PC to your phones screen and also does the lens correction. It has almost 0 latency, even a rhythm game like Project Diva is playable in it the latency is so low.

Iz3d driver can be had(a trial at least) from the official IZ3d site(it's not developed any more) and will work with PPSSPP in D3D9 mode. So will tridef, for that matter, but I prefer IZ3d.

Anyway, I've got a video uploading to youtube of Project Diva 2nd in true SBS stereo in PPSSPP, I'll post it shortly.

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4GHz | HIS Radeon 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)
02-03-2015, 06:19 PM
@fivefeet8 actually it's name has nothing to do with being on pc or not;p, it was implemented by Coldbird not by google and it's not even doing any 3D, it's just to make a cinema like experience out of a smartphone and the only reason the option is not available on PC is because it seems pointless for it. If you can build your own version you can just remove or comment out this ifdef to get the UI back on pc.

@cyclonmaster if you don't care about UI or can't build ppsspp by yourself, simply adding those lines to ppsspp.ini under "[Graphics]" will make it work just fine on pc:
Code:
EnableCardboard = True
CardboardScreenSize = 50
CardboardXShift = 0
CardboardYShift = 0
Change True to False to disable it. Second line sets the size of each image and last two shifts it by X/Y coordinates that's pretty much all.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-03-2015, 06:32 PM
If you want true VR in PPSSPP, here is how http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=14527

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4GHz | HIS Radeon 7870 2GB 256 bit GDDR5 @ 1337MHz core, 1337MHz mem
8GB (2 x 4GB Dual Channel) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 @ 9,9,9,27
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD (Sequential R|W: 162|151 MB/Sec)
02-03-2015, 09:22 PM
(02-03-2015 06:19 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @fivefeet8 actually it's name has nothing to do with being on pc or not;p, it was implemented by Coldbird not by google and it's not even doing any 3D, it's just to make a cinema like experience out of a smartphone and the only reason the option is not available on PC is because it seems pointless for it.

That's good to know, but if it's not doing any 3d, then it's a bit pointless at this time.
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
(02-03-2015 06:17 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote:  FWIW with the new D3D9 backend you can get true SBS stereoscopic in PPSSPP using Iz3d driver. And you can use it with Google Cardboard and similar devices with a software called Trinus Gyre.

Trinus Gyre streams content from your PC to your phones screen and also does the lens correction. It has almost 0 latency, even a rhythm game like Project Diva is playable in it the latency is so low.

Iz3d driver can be had(a trial at least) from the official IZ3d site(it's not developed any more) and will work with PPSSPP in D3D9 mode. So will tridef, for that matter, but I prefer IZ3d.

Anyway, I've got a video uploading to youtube of Project Diva 2nd in true SBS stereo in PPSSPP, I'll post it shortly.

Good, another alternative idea. Idea

(02-03-2015 06:19 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @fivefeet8 actually it's name has nothing to do with being on pc or not;p, it was implemented by Coldbird not by google and it's not even doing any 3D, it's just to make a cinema like experience out of a smartphone and the only reason the option is not available on PC is because it seems pointless for it. If you can build your own version you can just remove or comment out this ifdef to get the UI back on pc.

@cyclonmaster if you don't care about UI or can't build ppsspp by yourself, simply adding those lines to ppsspp.ini under "[Graphics]" will make it work just fine on pc:
Code:
EnableCardboard = True
CardboardScreenSize = 50
CardboardXShift = 0
CardboardYShift = 0
Change True to False to disable it. Second line sets the size of each image and last two shifts it by X/Y coordinates that's pretty much all.

Thanks. I can build it myself. Big Grin

(02-03-2015 09:22 PM)fivefeet8 Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 06:19 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  @fivefeet8 actually it's name has nothing to do with being on pc or not;p, it was implemented by Coldbird not by google and it's not even doing any 3D, it's just to make a cinema like experience out of a smartphone and the only reason the option is not available on PC is because it seems pointless for it.

That's good to know, but if it's not doing any 3d, then it's a bit pointless at this time.

Atm, I believe it just an experience experiment for those who want to try VR. Good to have another application such as PPSSPP in the VR gallery. Cool

Subscribe to my [url=https://www.youtube.com/CygnosisAdventures]YouTube Channel[/url]
02-05-2015, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 02:22 PM by fivefeet8.)
(02-04-2015 06:36 PM)cyclonmaster Wrote:  Atm, I believe it just an experience experiment for those who want to try VR. Good to have another application such as PPSSPP in the VR gallery. Cool

I can appreciate that, but if it's not doing 3d, then it's also not doing much for VR either. There'd be no depth perception to the VR experience.
03-19-2015, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 03:29 PM by vnctdj.)
يعطيك العافية

Edit by vnctdj : Please speak in English when you are not in the international sub-forum.
03-23-2015, 02:38 AM
Don't you think in the next release would be possible to split the screen stretched in full size using all the pixels of smartphone?Would be amazing !!!