Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
communication erros (firewall disabled)
01-26-2015, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 03:31 AM by Timbeans.)
communication erros (firewall disabled)
spent maybe 4-ish hours today trying to figure this out? mostly just reading around before trying anything.

This is on MHFU and HHP3rd. on my linux machine(debian) it seems to work fine, but on my friends windows 8 machine i was having this issue. disabled the firewall, checked and made sure sharing was open incoming and out, i was using a wired lan connection with a router, has ad-hoc pro running.

i'm looking for suggestions on what else to check.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2015, 04:24 AM
RE: communication erros (firewall disabled)
if the games uses ports <1024 you need to start PPSSPP as super user currently. So try "sudo PPSSPPSDL".
01-26-2015, 02:21 PM
(01-26-2015 04:24 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  if the games uses ports <1024 you need to start PPSSPP as super user currently. So try "sudo PPSSPPSDL".

well, wouldn't disabling the firewall get around that whole issue? wouldn't port blocking be done through the firewall?(i dunno, maybe i'm confused) However, this is on my friends windows 8 machine, i wasn't having any issues on my linux machine. There is an option to right click and run as administrator though right? i didn't even think about that. as i remember there are certain games that need to be run as admin in windows. still looking for other suggestions however.
01-26-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2015 02:32 PM by Bigpet.)
Binding to ports <1024 is not allowed for regular users on linux regardless of any firewall settings. This is not needed under Windows.

But yeah, I misread the post I thought you were trying to play with your buddy and it didn't work. Although I'm not quite sure how you make sure that it works for you but not him
01-26-2015, 06:20 PM
(01-26-2015 02:31 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Binding to ports <1024 is not allowed for regular users on linux regardless of any firewall settings. This is not needed under Windows.

But yeah, I misread the post I thought you were trying to play with your buddy and it didn't work. Although I'm not quite sure how you make sure that it works for you but not him

i was playing on portable third and freedom unite like i was saying. on my debian machine i was able to get into the lobby, but, its some issue within windows on my friends machine that it gave the problem. windows 8 is a mess...