Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build Linux 64-bit and some bug
01-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Build Linux 64-bit and some bug
Heya,

I will downloaded source and tryied build, all its works fine (Qt etc..), but some issues.

The Qt build is really scary (cant resize window, buggly), but this Qt got menu bar Smile (the SDL not havent :/ ) + very laggly in build -.-
Next, is even possible to build a 64 bit version of normal/qt?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2015, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 10:17 AM by johnsmith.)
RE: Build Linux 64-bit and some bug
Hi GAMELASTER, I'd recommend installing your Qt build from the Qt-x64 project from sourceforge.net/projects/qtx64/files/qt-x64/

It's up to date and will give an x64 Qt built with MinGW-w64. The MinGW-w64 project's GCC compiler is also included in the installer versions (but not in the 7z). You'll want the same version of GCC in MinGW-w64 that was used to build Qt for building your own apps, so I'd recommend going with the installer.

You'll need to choose a build with the exception stack frame unwinding method you want. The question What is difference between sjlj vs dwarf vs seh? describes the differences between the types of exception handlers that are present in different builds of Qt. SJLJ was the only choice before GCC 4.8 was released, but later GCC versions support SEH. Either choice will work, though SEH is more efficient.WinkWink

Hi GAMELASTER, I'd recommend installing your Qt build from the Qt-x64 project from sourceforge.net/projects/qtx64/files/qt-x64/

It's up to date and will give an x64 Qt built with MinGW-w64. The MinGW-w64 project's GCC compiler is also included in the installer versions (but not in the 7z). You'll want the same version of GCC in MinGW-w64 that was used to build Qt for building your own apps, so I'd recommend going with the installer.

You'll need to choose a build with the exception stack frame unwinding method you want. The question What is difference between sjlj vs dwarf vs seh? describes the differences between the types of exception handlers that are present in different builds of Qt. SJLJ was the only choice before GCC 4.8 was released, but later GCC versions support SEH. Either choice will work, though SEH is more efficient.WinkWink
02-18-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Build Linux 64-bit and some bug
He's asking about linux and you tell him about windows MinGW?