Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with graphics settings?
01-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Help with graphics settings?
So I was hoping someone could tell me what my settings should be to get "perfect" graphics. By perfect I mean that they aren't being altered in some way. I'm trying to get a screenshot of something, but upon closer inspection, they look very different then what they should look like. I realized the window was maximized, so I changed it, but it's still not right... I looked at the explanation of what each setting does, but most of it didn;t make much sense to me. My settings:
No postprocessing shaders
Rendering resolution: Auto
Window size: 1x
Rendering mode: Buffered rendering (Non-buffered makes my screen black, so I couldn't see what that looked like)
Frameskipping: off
Texture filtering: auto
Texture scaling: off (xBRZ) Deposterize is unchecked
Hardware transform has a check
Vertex cache also has a check
Strech to display and small screen are unchecked
Vsync is unchecked
Mipmapping has a check
Hardware transform has a check
Lazy texture caching, retain changed textures, and low quality splines and Bezier curves are all unchecked
Anisotropic filtering is 16x
All hack settings are off

Thanks for any help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: Help with graphics settings?
Error 404: There's no "perfect" graphic

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
01-23-2015, 11:48 PM
So do all emulators change images? I might be better off finding a way to take screenshots on my psp
01-24-2015, 12:09 AM
It's not that "emulators change image", it's completely different hardware so you can't do graphics same way and unless the game is very basic at what it does there will always be some differences.
Best way to avoid that is software rendering, but it requires powerfull cpu's so not many care and in ppsspp it's pretty much very broken since it's used only for testing certain things.

BTW fun fact - PSP lcd suck so actually by looking at it's display you don't really see "perfect" psp graphics either. If you take a screenshot from psp and see it on modern lcd it'll not look exactly same.:]

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
01-24-2015, 12:21 AM
Well, there's a few things that aren't correctly emulated on PPSSPP, like dithering for example, I wouldn't say they're "impossible" but they're not easy to do especially with modern GPUs.

But yes, if your goal is to get a 100% accurate screenshot of a PSP game then yeah, you're probably gonna need a real PSP at this time.
01-24-2015, 02:39 AM
If your goal is to make the graphics to be as close as possible to the original, start with the resolution and texture 1:1 scaling.

You wont get a perfect result ofc, but this might help you.
When your in full screen, Use your monitor's native resolution and uncheck "Mipmapping" for a non-altered results.
Turn Texture Scaling to auto (=rendering resolution) (this will make you slow down a lot)
Texture Filtering -> Linear (others looks more different)
One thing I noticed in PSP, it looks like the screen is close compared with Antialiasing post-processing shader.

When I look at your Question, I noticed that your looking for a straight simple answer. Hope this helps.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
01-24-2015, 10:13 PM
(01-23-2015 11:48 PM)jirachiband Wrote:  So do all emulators change images? I might be better off finding a way to take screenshots on my psp

With a custom firmware installed, just use a plug-in like PRXShot, it's very easy Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
01-26-2015, 02:21 AM
Use software rendering?