Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get the current texture data begin draw
01-21-2015, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2015 11:18 PM by kazeno.)
How to get the current texture data begin draw
I'm looking for the buffer of the current texture begin draw while the game is running.
Like when you use "Step Tex" in the GE and the texture being used to draw at that point is show up.

I'm new in the project and I having a hard time trying to grasp where things are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: How to get the current texture data begin draw
It only figures out the texture when needed. The actual data is generally only sent to OpenGL and the identifier (called a "name") of the texture is just kept.

When you're using the GE debugger, it calls a specific function GetCurrentTexture that asks for the data of the current texture to be immediately processed. This is not really a fast operation, but it's fine for the GE debugger which is not showing hundreds of textures per second.

What are you trying to do?

-[Unknown]
01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
RE: How to get the current texture data begin draw
I trying to do a dump texture which works the same as Dolphin does.
Only when a texture is drawn in the game (like you said, figures out only when needed) it will dump a .png to the hdd if the file doesn't exist.

I already implemented the option to enable it in the main settings menu.
Now I'm trying to implement the feature.

The point where the texture is figured out could be a nice spot to do the dump.
I suppose I have to take the data with GetCurrentTexture and go through some png encoder.