Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request: Antialias + Postprocessing shader
01-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Request: Antialias + Postprocessing shader
Some shaders are used for antialias, such as FXAA, and other shaders have special effects and can improve some specific games.

For instance, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is better with natural colors, but antialias improves it too. The difference can be noticed in a 10-inch Android tablet. I would like to play Second Chapter, which will be released this year, with improved graphics. Smile

Unfortunately, we can use only one shader per time and I think antialias is a good shader to use in many cases and it would be good to be able to keep it when using another special shader.

I do not understand those .fsh files. In natural colors the data is vec4, but in FXAA the data is vec2. It also combines RGB and XYZ in a confusing way. I do not know how to combine both files.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 04:13 PM by blakrajder.)
RE: Request: Antialias + Postprocessing shader
Shader that you mentioned already exist. You can find it in post #135 of Custom PPSSPP shaders thread or here(direct dl).
It does however contain small addition of bloom, but you can disable it by editing fxaa_nat_bloom.fsh file in text editor (i.e. notepad++) and change float amount = 0.375 to float amount = 0.0

Installation is simple. Place shader files in ppsspp shaders folder.
Now just add this at the end of existing ini file also located in shaders folder (thanks to this ppsspp can see which shaders it can use):

[AA Natural Bloom]
Name=AA Natural Colors Bloom
Fragment=fxaa_nat_bloom.fsh
Vertex=fxaa_nat_bloom.vsh

If no ini file exist create it. Name of the ini doesn't matter (i.e. My_shaders.ini).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply