Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
02-09-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: [Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
How!?! Infinite loading and, or disconnect. I can't play Monster Hunter either. Any of them. Get disconnected at start of quest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 10:29 AM
(02-09-2015 10:23 AM)ReixSeiryu Wrote:  How!?! Infinite loading and, or disconnect. I can't play Monster Hunter either. Any of them. Get disconnected at start of quest.

let the host take the quest for monster hunter and uncheck simulate transfer and fast memory, and everything i guud c:
02-09-2015, 11:07 AM
(02-09-2015 10:29 AM)Rizki29 Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 10:23 AM)ReixSeiryu Wrote:  How!?! Infinite loading and, or disconnect. I can't play Monster Hunter either. Any of them. Get disconnected at start of quest.

let the host take the quest for monster hunter and uncheck simulate transfer and fast memory, and everything i guud c:

Even after doing that. It always says "broke off from quest" no matter what I change it to..
02-09-2015, 12:12 PM
(02-08-2015 11:26 AM)Rizki29 Wrote:  nope they wont meet at lobby when network already initialize

Ok, update to 1.0
02-09-2015, 12:45 PM
(02-09-2015 11:07 AM)ReixSeiryu Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 10:29 AM)Rizki29 Wrote:  

Even after doing that. It always says "broke off from quest" no matter what I change it to..
lemme do stream if you want C:

and thanks light C: lemme try
02-09-2015, 01:43 PM
I ended up getting it to work with version 1.0!! Thanks you guys are the best. Is there any other way to use multiple controllers "without" any 3rd party programs. xpadder etc.
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
am i doing something wrong at type-0 i dont know still not meet up .-.
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Exclamation RE: [Tutorial] How to play multiplayer on one PC. testing PPSSPP adhoclocal
Thank you for your hard work, onelight!

I tried to get adhoclocal working with DISSIDIA duodecim FINAL FANTASY (ULES01505), no success.

Both copies of adhoclocal run as administrator, the first one has the adhoc server enabled.
Both adhoclocals have different IP and MAC addresses.
Firewall & anti virus disabled, LAN unplugged/internet disabled.
Both emulators have multi threading, fast memory and block transfer disabled. No hacks enabled. Other options at high, both have stable 30 fps.

The other player can be seen in the lobby, but after challenging and accepting, just before choosing the character, one emulator stays stuck in a white screen while the other get a message "The match was canceled"

I've uploaded the report of the emulator with the match-canceled message: report.ppsspp.org/logs/version/v0.9.9.1-1405-adhoclocal

Mine is the (first) one from 2015-02-09.
Sorry, i can't figure out how to link to the entire report.
Therefore I have taken screenshots from the log of an earlier disconnect/crash and attached them to this post.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-10-2015, 03:06 AM
i got it work on me thou :o
what your setting?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-10-2015, 10:26 AM
(02-09-2015 03:24 PM)Schneeadler Wrote:  Thank you for your hard work, onelight!

I tried to get adhoclocal working with DISSIDIA duodecim FINAL FANTASY (ULES01505), no success.

Both copies of adhoclocal run as administrator, the first one has the adhoc server enabled.
Both adhoclocals have different IP and MAC addresses.
Firewall & anti virus disabled, LAN unplugged/internet disabled.
Both emulators have multi threading, fast memory and block transfer disabled. No hacks enabled. Other options at high, both have stable 30 fps.

The other player can be seen in the lobby, but after challenging and accepting, just before choosing the character, one emulator stays stuck in a white screen while the other get a message "The match was canceled"

I've uploaded the report of the emulator with the match-canceled message: report.ppsspp.org/logs/version/v0.9.9.1-1405-adhoclocal

Mine is the (first) one from 2015-02-09.
Sorry, i can't figure out how to link to the entire report.
Therefore I have taken screenshots from the log of an earlier disconnect/crash and attached them to this post.

Have the adhoclocal host the game and the latest 1.0 join, whilst the adhocserver is on. Works no problems. If you get the socket error just change the pro server address to a random number ie it's default on 127.0.0.1 I change it to 127.0.0.4 or whatever number until it works. Once it says "network initialized" then change it back to 127.0.0.1 enter the room. How I got most games with that error to work
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM
here's the question: how i can make work two windows in the same time so i could get controls for both emulator work on keyboard(dont have the joystick)?
02-10-2015, 11:35 PM
(02-10-2015 03:18 PM)Vovan400 Wrote:  here's the question: how i can make work two windows in the same time so i could get controls for both emulator work on keyboard(dont have the joystick)?

I don't think you can controls two windows in the same time without joystick.
you need joystick
02-11-2015, 03:01 AM
My SO and I are really wanting to use this method to play Monster Hunter together. And since we only have one working pc and the vita/psp are out of commission this is our only method to do so.

The problem is the same on Monster Hunter 3rd, Unite, AND Freedom: Everything works fine until the quest begins. We can see each other in the guild hall, make and join quests, and depart for the missions. But at some point during the loading screen something goes wrong. The Host (either one of us) takes FOREVER to load and the guest starts the mission with "*name* broke off from mission." EVENTUALLY the host loads and he can play the mission but it is too late, the connection has been severed.

We can abandon or finish the quest and meet back again in the lobby but either way, no quest can be played together.

Full FPS, and literally no other issues on single player side.

PPSSPP v1.0-41-adhoclocal/PPSSPP v1.0-36-adhoclocal

SETTINGS
----------
GRAPHICS:
Simulate block transfer = unchecked

NETWORKING:
Enable networking/WLAN = checked (for both instances of PPSSPP)
Specify client address = checked (for both instances of PPSSPP)
Change bind address = 127.0.0.2 (127.0.0.3 for 2nd instance of PPSSPP)
PRO ad hoc server IP = 127.0.0.1 (for both instances of PPSSPP)
(Have tried changing IP to variations suggested in this thread to no avail.)
Enable built in PRO = checked (unchecked for 2nd instance of PPSSPP)
MAC address is different for each instance of PPSSPP

SYSTEM:
Fast Memory = unchecked
Multithreaded = unchecked
I/O on thread = unchecked

All other settings are on DEFAULT because of just downloading the 1.0 version here in this thread BUT I have tried it with many combinations of the 0.9 version as well as the official PPSSPP version.

My problem is not connecting, simply STAYING connected during the quests/loading said quests.

On a side note I can play online on Coldbird.net just fine though last time I tried to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite I MAY have been meet with the same issue but I can not remember accurately.

Any help you may provide would be greatly welcome.
Thank you in advance!
02-11-2015, 03:43 AM
make the host take the quest i have same problem before
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
(02-11-2015 03:43 AM)Rizki29 Wrote:  make the host take the quest i have same problem before

I just tried what you said, though it is not the first time, and I'm afraid it still did not work. :/

I've tried having either of the instances turn on PRO ad hoc server and with that I've tried having either of the host and/or join the quest. No matter what it seems that the one who hosted/posted the quest takes forever to load and the one who took/joined the quest loads in first with the "name has broken off from quest" message.

Any other ideas? Am I doing anything wrong?z

Thank you for helping me.