Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ps vita emulation/hack progress?
01-07-2015, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 12:36 AM by Wolfokami321.)
Ps vita emulation/hack progress?
Has anyone successfully decrypted the ps vita or been successful towards any progress with it at all? Its 2015 and I was just wondering if the status quo had changed. I was thinking some swedish developer was keeping hush hush about it working in his basement somewheres and its just not public yet. Any news whatsoever?

Also I think with the amount of octocore pcs out there already with 3ghz processors ps vita emulation might not be so far fetched. After all it only has a 1 ghz processor even if its quad core it probably only uses 1 core for gaming and the rest for background processes

On a side note they said the 3ds wouldnt be emulated for 5-10 years and citra is already making decent strides. So I wouldn't dis-count the possibility of a ps vita emulator pretty soon. Im pretty sure the ps3 is more powerful than the vita and there is already an early stage emulator with that too.
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2015, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 07:38 AM by Archimedes.)
RE: Ps vita emulation/hack progress?
I really don't think we will see any PS Vita emulation at all. One big reason for not emulating it is the lack of games. Why make such a huge amount of effort for just a handful of titles.

Also I like to believe that the Vita is almost on par with the PS3. Bearing that in mind, we just started making progress in emulating the PS3, almost 8 years after it's release.

Things are looking pretty grim, not only for it's emulation but for the Vita itself.
01-08-2015, 12:00 PM
I just don't want to spend 200 bucks for one game lol I really wanted to play shinobido 2
01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Emulation or hacking will not solve this "problem" because you will still need to buy the game in order to rip it...
Should I repeat to respect the rules one more time ?

Closed.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed