Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
11-28-2015, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2015 06:11 PM by lumune.)
RE: [Video Tutorial] How to play on coldbird.net
(11-20-2015 06:56 AM)ismhael Wrote:  Help! I tried playing online(Tekken, DBZ Shin Budokai) without enabling DMZ, coz I can't really see where to enable it, I even followed the video tutorial, and tried to see if I can connect to other online players via pro.coldbird.net. The problem is I can't see other players on PPSSPP. But when I check the source on pro.coldbird.net, my name and other players name appears, but on PPSSPP their names doesn't show up. Then, I tried enabling UPnP, coz others said that UPnP also works on coldbird. Still the same issues, can connect, but I can't see other players on PPSSPP, but on the source page of pro.coldbird.net my name and other players shows! Am I missing something on my settings? Help please!

First of all, always check the working online game list in this thread.
The only working game online on PPSSPP emulator of the DBZ franchise is Tenkaichi Tag Team as of now (november 2015), the Shin Budokai games do not work online, even when seeing there are a lot of players hosting or "ghosting"(not actually online) them on http://pro.coldbird.net , none of them are playing it online. It has not been fixed yet.

Now, some users report they are able to play on coldbird.net IP Address without DMZ enabled, just by enabling UPnP on their Router. Please do note this is not my case and only a few users reported they were able to do this. I still need to enable my DMZ every time i want to play online on coldbird.net or else it will be exactly as you said.
The website (http://pro.coldbird.net) will recognize you even with DMZ disabled, however, you will not be able to see any players in game due to ports being blocked/unreachable by the emulator/game.
Trying to circumvent the issue by opening ports in a wide range is futile since the emulator/games can choose ports at random. First time PPSSPP may use port 1000, the second time it may use port 50000, and so on. This is why we unfortunately need to enable DMZ to open all ports when playing on coldbird.net, it is a drastic solution and i would recommend you do not do this unless you understand the risks and know what you are doing. Use a VPN program of your preference (like EvolveHQ/Hamachi/Tunngle) to play with your friends instead if you are unable to use DMZ in your Router. These programs use UPnP to emulate a LAN environment for all players and get all ports through the emulator (as if you were using DMZ).
Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] - rohirim - 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: [Video Tutorial] How to play on coldbird.net - lumune - 11-28-2015 06:09 PM