Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
04-02-2015, 04:47 AM
RE: [Video Tutorial] How to play on coldbird.net
(04-01-2015 05:11 PM)tobidac!d Wrote:  I'm pretty confused on how to get this working. Using 1.01 on windows 8, I enabled dmz on my local ip, enabled LAN, disabled built-in ad-hoc, and set PRO ad-hoc server IP address to coldbird.net. I'm a bit confused why the video says you don't need to specify coldbird after v0.99, how else could you connect to it?

Anyway, with this set up, I'm having this issue ( forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=9335&pid=104660#pid104660 ). I've tried with running the AdHocServer and without, with the same result.

You don't need to mess with PPSSPP's PRO ad hoc IP settings anymore in newer versions, this video was made with version 0.9.9.1 still, thats why the IP is "localhost" by default. The default IP address is now "coldbird.net". Nothing needs to be changed in that field.
You just need to leave Enabled WLAN ticked/marked in newer versions. Of course, you'll still need to set up and enable a DMZ Host in your Router/Switch/Hub, else you won't be able to see other players in coldbird.ner server.

I would suggest you to try playing with a VPN program first, like Evolve, Hamachi, Tunngle, etc. coldbird.net is a bit more complicated because of the DMZ Host stuff. If you don't know or can't set up a DMZ Host for your Router/Switch/Hub then VPN programs are an easier way for you to play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] - rohirim - 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: [Video Tutorial] How to play on coldbird.net - lumune - 04-02-2015 04:47 AM