Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
02-08-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 04:24 PM by lumune.)
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server)
(02-08-2015 08:37 AM)lolful64 Wrote:  I have pretty low ping so it might be the other people. But what would fast memory do? I always have it disabled since ppsspp works great on my laptop without it regardless.

Sorry i didn't express myself very clearly, what i meant is your ping latency to the other players. If you're in America and join a room from people playing in Oceania it may not work (specially if the game requires low ping) because the game will disconnect one or two players after the Loading screen just before starting the Adhoc multiplayer quest (although sometimes it does work). Also, emulators that don't run at Fullspeed will lag the game for everyone, regardless of ping.

Regarding Fast memory, check the official PPSSPP Faq: http://ppsspp.org/help/.
In short, Fast memory helps games that crash due to error or invalid memory acess to go a bit further but it may also have an undesired effect in games that work properly so if you feel that your game is unstable, turn it off.

Fortunately, recent PPSSPP versions improved and Fast memory doesn't seem to crash games as often as it did back then.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] - rohirim - 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server) - lumune - 02-08-2015 04:20 PM