Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
02-02-2015, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 06:02 PM by lumune.)
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server)
(02-02-2015 04:41 PM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  Ok so wait a minute. How would I find out which ports PPSSPP and Coldfish use specifically if that's the case? And I have UPnP Enabled right now. Why must DMZ be the only option if there's specific ports available to forward? And on the contrary, forwarding specific ports is nowhere near as dangerous as forwarding ALL of them with DMZ. DMZ is basically opening the front door of your PC and yelling "Here I am, World!".

Every game uses a different port at random, that's why enabling DMZ is required.

(02-02-2015 04:41 PM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  So wait, even with Coldfish, are you telling me NEXT Plus is still not fully working with it? Because that's the main game I'm trying to get working here.

Yes... Gundam SEED: Rengou vs ZAFT Portable (needs more testing on coldbird.net, with adhoclocal the guest emulator crashes, while the host doesn't), Gundam vs Gundam and Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus return an error and still don't work online in PPSSPP, unfortunately.... I really want to play this game online too, but it only works online with JPCSP emulator as of now. In short, all players must use JPCSP emulator and their ping must be inferior to ~200ms or else the online battle won't start (stutters shortly after both players confirmation in the lobby room and both return to the lobby).

Video by onelight:

In the meantime, i'm playing Another Century's Episode Portable and Gundam Assault Survive. If you have these games we can play since i host them on coldbird.net quite often and they work online with PPSSPP just fine.

Hope this helps and the Gundam VS games get the Ad hoc fixed someday so we can play.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Tutorial] - rohirim - 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server) - lumune - 02-02-2015 05:04 PM