Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
02-02-2015, 04:41 PM
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server)
(02-02-2015 02:12 PM)lumune Wrote:  You could try searching for the ports the games are using with third-party programs but that could be equally dangerous. You should wait for UPnP support if enabling DMZ is too risky for you.

Ok so wait a minute. How would I find out which ports PPSSPP and Coldfish use specifically if that's the case? And I have UPnP Enabled right now. Why must DMZ be the only option if there's specific ports available to forward? And on the contrary, forwarding specific ports is nowhere near as dangerous as forwarding ALL of them with DMZ. DMZ is basically opening the front door of your PC and yelling "Here I am, World!".

(02-02-2015 02:12 PM)lumune Wrote:  If you could see each other then UPnP is working for you. If it wasn't working you wouldn't even be able to see anyone in the Lobby Room.
Also, Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus can only be started with JPCSP emulator as host and ping must be inferior to 200ms or else the game will hang shortly after both players confirmation and the battle won't start.

So wait, even with Coldfish, are you telling me NEXT Plus is still not fully working with it? Because that's the main game I'm trying to get working here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 04:57 PM
The only port PPSSPP specifies is 27312, games however can use whichever ports they want, so each game can select its own ports which is why we can't give you specific ports to open.

There has been some discussion of maybe enabling tunneling through one port but that would of course break compatibility with normal PSPs
02-02-2015, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 06:02 PM by lumune.)
(02-02-2015 04:41 PM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  Ok so wait a minute. How would I find out which ports PPSSPP and Coldfish use specifically if that's the case? And I have UPnP Enabled right now. Why must DMZ be the only option if there's specific ports available to forward? And on the contrary, forwarding specific ports is nowhere near as dangerous as forwarding ALL of them with DMZ. DMZ is basically opening the front door of your PC and yelling "Here I am, World!".

Every game uses a different port at random, that's why enabling DMZ is required.

(02-02-2015 04:41 PM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  So wait, even with Coldfish, are you telling me NEXT Plus is still not fully working with it? Because that's the main game I'm trying to get working here.

Yes... Gundam SEED: Rengou vs ZAFT Portable (needs more testing on coldbird.net, with adhoclocal the guest emulator crashes, while the host doesn't), Gundam vs Gundam and Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus return an error and still don't work online in PPSSPP, unfortunately.... I really want to play this game online too, but it only works online with JPCSP emulator as of now. In short, all players must use JPCSP emulator and their ping must be inferior to ~200ms or else the online battle won't start (stutters shortly after both players confirmation in the lobby room and both return to the lobby).

Video by onelight:

In the meantime, i'm playing Another Century's Episode Portable and Gundam Assault Survive. If you have these games we can play since i host them on coldbird.net quite often and they work online with PPSSPP just fine.

Hope this helps and the Gundam VS games get the Ad hoc fixed someday so we can play.
02-03-2015, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 02:48 PM by jkir4n.)
I am trying to play MHP3 HD. i have setup the coldbird settings correctly all my firewall, router, dmz and portforward settings are correct. but 'm unable to play online till now...some time i can get into a guild hall but i cannot see any other players and most of the time im not able to join any rooms as it shows " unable to enter because room is full". Is it because im playing MHP3 HD or should i run MHP3 to play online.

while joining game with friends should i switch to alternate speed ...?
02-03-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 05:02 PM by tywald.)
There is currently a bug with v1.0 that cause all GH to be full even when they aren't. In that case you just have to restart the emulator. Since v0.9.8-890-g1445d5a you don't have to use 25% alternative speed toggle trick anymore.
Make sure you and your friends have Fast Memory and firewalls off.
02-04-2015, 02:52 AM
I wanted to come back to report to the devs that for some reason when i did actually get monster hunter freedom unite to work through ad hoc, i noticed the person carving the monsters were just carving the ground on my screen. That makes me think that something isnt sync together because that is happening.
02-05-2015, 12:32 AM
i use dial up modem and i dont have router how did i do it .-. ?
02-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Do we need a PC?
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 03:13 PM by lumune.)
(02-05-2015 12:56 AM)Johnny1448 Wrote:  Do we need a PC?

I don't know if you can enable DMZ Host on other OS. I've only got Windows so i say yes, Windows and DMZ Host are required, at least while UPnP isn't implemented in PPSSPP yet.

I have DMZ Host enabled and i'm seeing a lot of people trying to play without DMZ, i can tell because i cannot see them in games with DMZ, this means they're being blocked by closed ports or a strong firewall on their side.

You can try how many times you want but DMZ Host is required to play on coldbird.net, you're just wasting your time otherwise. Wait for UPnP support in PPSSPP if you can't enable DMZ Host.
02-05-2015, 03:28 PM
(02-05-2015 03:11 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 12:56 AM)Johnny1448 Wrote:  Do we need a PC?

I don't know if you can enable DMZ Host on other OS. I've only got Windows so i say yes, Windows and DMZ Host are required, at least while UPnP isn't implemented in PPSSPP yet.

I have DMZ Host enabled and i'm seeing a lot of people trying to play without DMZ, i can tell because i cannot see them in games with DMZ, this means they're being blocked by closed ports or a strong firewall on their side.

You can try how many times you want but DMZ Host is required to play on coldbird.net, you're just wasting your time otherwise. Wait for UPnP support in PPSSPP if you can't enable DMZ Host.
you can enable DMZ Host on other OS. pro online is first using for PSP after all.
02-05-2015, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 04:02 PM by lumune.)
(02-05-2015 03:28 PM)onelight Wrote:  you can enable DMZ Host on other OS. pro online is first using for PSP after all.

That's good to know.
You're right, coldbird.net still uses a modified version of aemu, they don't use AdhocServer for the 24/7 hosting.
The day UPnP is implemented in PPSSPP i will ask this thread to be deleted since it will become obsolete by then. With UPnP support in PPSSPP, DMZ Host will be pointless.

In fact, i made this thread for those impatient people (like myself) who just want to play their favorite games online again after all those years as soon as possible.
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:11 PM by vnctdj.)
Bonjour, comment faire pour jouer sur Android? Je ne vois pas les autres joueurs (DBZ Shin Budokai 2, Tekken 6, MGS PO+) par contre quand je regarde Prometheus Server statut j'apparais bien en Ghost quand je suis en solo et dans total quand je rentre dans le menu en ligne. Merci de m'aider.

Edit by vnctdj : Please speak in English when you are not in the international sub-forum.
02-06-2015, 08:14 PM
So I've set things up, DMZ enabled (I think) UPnP on and ppsspp ready. I start monster hunter portable 3rd HD. I join a room and see people around, we start and quest and it takes a really long time to load said quest. Afterwards when the quest starts it turns out I've broken off from them (but I'm not offline). I've tried on my actual psp and ppsspp but nothing works.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
02-07-2015, 05:40 AM
(02-06-2015 08:14 PM)lolful64 Wrote:  So I've set things up, DMZ enabled (I think) UPnP on and ppsspp ready. I start monster hunter portable 3rd HD. I join a room and see people around, we start and quest and it takes a really long time to load said quest. Afterwards when the quest starts it turns out I've broken off from them (but I'm not offline). I've tried on my actual psp and ppsspp but nothing works.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Could be many things, really. Do you have Fast memory disabled? If yes, then most probably is related to high ping between you and the other players.

Also, PPSSPP's Ad hoc is far from finished, so ocasionally the game may do this even when playing in a LAN Network (0ms ping). If you can see other players in the GH, this means it's working.

Try again during peak hours and see if it will still happen. Also add an exception for PPSSPP in your firewall (including the Windows Firewall like shown in the Video Tutorial in the first post).

Good luck.
02-08-2015, 02:51 AM
Someone is trying to play Dragon Ball Z : Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2 on coldbird.net.
to tell the true, Dragon Ball Z : Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2 is never support by pro online. PPSSPP, PSP, JPCSP, whatever you try, it will not work also.

Testing with ppsspp-adhoclocal, cant find player.

JPCSP with JPCSP can find player but cant start Battle.