Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] How to play on Black-seraph.com (formerly coldbird.net)
01-28-2015, 03:11 AM
RE: [Video Tutorial] Online using only PPSSPP (24/7 coldbird server)
do PPSSPP support UPNP now?
I can play coldbird online by enable upnp not dmz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2015, 10:04 PM
(01-28-2015 03:11 AM)onelight Wrote:  do PPSSPP support UPNP now?

Great news! Although i could not play with just UPnP enabled... i had to enable DMZ, but if it worked for you it's worth a try for anyone.
01-31-2015, 11:33 PM
I could connect with my Xperia Z using our school's network. I didn't actually play, but I did saw people in the guild hall on MHFU.
02-01-2015, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 12:38 AM by onelight.)
(01-31-2015 10:04 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(01-28-2015 03:11 AM)onelight Wrote:  do PPSSPP support UPNP now?

Great news! Although i could not play with just UPnP enabled... i had to enable DMZ, but if it worked for you it's worth a try for anyone.

yet, some of my friend also could not play with just UPnP enabled, must enable DMZ also.

(01-31-2015 11:33 PM)tywald Wrote:  I could connect with my Xperia Z using our school's network. I didn't actually play, but I did saw people in the guild hall on MHFU.

does school's get upnp enabling?
I also could connect PPSSPP/JPCSP using school's network once, but school's network is now disable upnp, so, not working now.
02-02-2015, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 03:47 AM by pRogz.)
I think we are still in step 1. All this seem to do is take out all the tunneling program out of the way. Im trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom with another person and we both cant connect with each other. We are using UPnP and not DMZ though.

I really dont want to use DMZ on my IP... to play, I mean, Im getting Monster Hunter 4 on 3ds soon, so it wont matter too much, but it would be nice to get this working.

Edit: I am using a ASUS RT-N66R with upnp enabled.

edit: Turned on DMZ on my IP and it works now. Wow.

edit 2: My friends went offline, and was doing it randomly with people that were already in the guild hall, and finally it worked from the DMZ (I tried it 2 times before trying on DMZ, so i knew it was my problem at first)

edit 3: Played a full monster hunter freedom unite quest, then exited the guild hall, then tried making something, came back to the guild hall and it was reporting all lobbies were full. then i quit.

edit 4: if anyone is trying to reproduce my results, i also did follow the instructions from post #13 (I cant post the image link cause of the forums rules i guess, or any links in general)
02-02-2015, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 09:31 AM by WackyModder84.)
Is there any way you guys can just tell us what ports specifically need to be forwarded for Coldbird to work properly?
Enabling DMZ is extremely dangerous, as it literally opens every single port on your router.
I feel extremely uncomfortable doing something like that, and I would much rather prefer just opening specific ports on my router that are needed for the job.
02-02-2015, 09:36 AM
fond some playing Gundam VS Gundam - Next Plus on coldbird.net
looks like PPSSPP still cant play this game online.

02-02-2015, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 09:41 AM by WackyModder84.)
(02-02-2015 09:36 AM)onelight Wrote:  fond some playing Gundam VS Gundam - Next Plus on coldbird.net

Actually, that was me. Dude. XD
RKTF was my save file name. But that's not the point.
I did not have my DMZ enabled and neither did Victor, and we both refuse to do so since Enabling DMZ is unbelievably dangerous.
That's why I'm here asking if there's any other way to just forward specific ports to allow Coldbird to work properly without having to enable DMZ.
02-02-2015, 09:42 AM
(02-02-2015 09:40 AM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 09:36 AM)onelight Wrote:  fond some playing Gundam VS Gundam - Next Plus on coldbird.net

Actually, that was me. Dude. XD
I did not have my DMZ enabled and neither did Victor, and we both refuse to do so. That's why I'm here asking if there's any other way to just forward specific ports to allow Coldbird to work properly without having to enable DMZ. Since doing that is Extremely Dangerous.
you can play on coldbird just with upnp enabled?
02-02-2015, 09:47 AM
(02-02-2015 09:42 AM)onelight Wrote:  you can play on coldbird just with upnp enabled?

I read in this thread that UPnP might not be enough tho?
02-02-2015, 09:50 AM
(02-02-2015 09:47 AM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 09:42 AM)onelight Wrote:  you can play on coldbird just with upnp enabled?

I read in this thread that UPnP might not be enough tho?

UPnp is enough for my router, but might not be enough for other router.
02-02-2015, 09:52 AM
PPSSPP does nothing with Upnp itself, so if that helps you than its your OS, firewall or whatever is doing it.
02-02-2015, 09:57 AM
(02-02-2015 09:52 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  PPSSPP does nothing with Upnp itself, so if that helps you than its your OS, firewall or whatever is doing it.

That, and UPnP was enabled with me this entire time. And yet it still wasn't enough.
I need Rock-Solid Information about what ports specifically need to be opened. Turning on DMZ is not an option for me, and it shouldn't be for anyone, really. Doing that is extremely dangerous.
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 06:08 PM by lumune.)
(02-02-2015 03:20 AM)pRogz Wrote:  edit 3: Played a full monster hunter freedom unite quest, then exited the guild hall, then tried making something, came back to the guild hall and it was reporting all lobbies were full. then i quit.

Don't worry, it's a known issue. See issue #7331.

(02-02-2015 09:57 AM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  Turning on DMZ is not an option for me, and it shouldn't be for anyone, really. Doing that is extremely dangerous.

You should wait for UPnP support if enabling DMZ is too risky for you.

(02-02-2015 09:40 AM)WackyModder84 Wrote:  Actually, that was me. Dude. XD
I did not have my DMZ enabled and neither did Victor, and we both refuse to do so since Enabling DMZ is unbelievably dangerous.
That's why I'm here asking if there's any other way to just forward specific ports to allow Coldbird to work properly without having to enable DMZ.

Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus can only be started online if all players use JPCSP emulator and ping must be inferior to ~200ms or else the game will hang shortly after both players confirmation and the battle won't start.
02-02-2015, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 03:55 PM by zerogbzxa.)
Games that do not ask the qualification of anything, do not ask me unpn or dmz what happens sometimes is the compactness of the operating system I have in windows 10 prior used the windows 8.1 update 3 and can not enter the neighboring router as the Internet provides me; but I can get to play with other users

pdt my English is bad