Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Android PPSSPP] Controller and Battery
12-27-2014, 01:14 PM
[Android PPSSPP] Controller and Battery
Hi there. I normally use PPSSPP on my PC, but since it's somehow weak, I decided yesterday to try the Android's PPSSPP on my recent tablet. I'm talking about an ASUS Memopad 7 ME176CX. The things is, since I have PS2 controllers and a PS2 Dual Adaptor, I managed to play PPSSPP on my Android with my controller. However, it seems that this consumes a lot of battery, and when I tried playing without the controller, it seemed to me that I was consuming less battery. I have been researching but I haven't found any specific answers. So, does using a controller on the Android for PPSSPP really consumes more battery. And the final question, will it end up decreasing my battery life a lot? Thanks for the answers, guys!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: [Android PPSSPP] Controller and Battery
Normally, USB OTG devices consumes power from your Android. (about 5v×100mA+ depending on the power rating of your controller)
For me, Using Wireless Sixaxis controller consumes less battery than wired one. (Requires root access)

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3
12-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Using a controller powered by your Android device will use more power in general. You could get one of the many available wireless rechargeable BT controllers for Android so it doesn't drain power from your device.
12-31-2014, 04:53 PM
If your tablet has to power some external device (like a PS2 controller) your battery will drain faster. Hmmm your battery should be fine as long as you don't let it completely drain (all modern devices shut down before this happens) or leave it plugged in once it's fully charged.