Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
There is something weird with frame skipping,alternative speed and unthrottle
12-25-2014, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2014 11:41 AM by vsub_.)
There is something weird with frame skipping,alternative speed and unthrottle
I think it happens on any game but I tried Blazing Souls Accelate.
I switch to software mode because this is the only way to get low speed now because of hardware.

When no frame skipping is enabled,I get around 20fps
Hard to believe since with those setting in OpenGL mode I get ~170fps
Jit Disabled
CPU Speed set to 1000
Force Real Clock Sync
10x Internal Resolution
5x Scaling
Multithreaded disabled

When frame skipping is enabled(Auto too)and I start increasing the frames skippied,everything other than 2 don't update the screen(it's like the game freeze).

And here is the weird part,if the alternative speed is enabled and it IS set to 0(unlimited...FrameSkipUnthrottle is not enabled),then the game is running fine at full speed

It's like the alternative speed\unthrottle is giving you an extra speed even tho when it's not enabled,you are getting lower speed

Here are some examples:
Frame Skip set to 1 and auto is enabled - choppy sound,60% speed,and freezed image.

Same as above but I'm holding the button for unthrottle(or I switch to alternative speed which is set to unlimited) - running smoothly at 100%

Setting the alternative speed(and switching to it)to anything above 100(including 100) - acting the same way as the first test(no change on the speed).

Same as above but holding the button for unthrottle(alternative speed is set to 100 and it's enabled but there is not change between standard and alternative) - this make the game to run smoothly at 100%

Alternative to unlimited and auto frame skipping disabled - the image don't freeze on even numbers(2,4,6,8).

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply